Texting after Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dstein, Dec 25, 2007.

1. dstein macrumors member

Hey...I just got a 1.1.2 iPhone for christmas.

I downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke and then upgraded to 1.1.2 and got everything working fine. The problem is...I can still receive and place calls but I cant send or receive texts. I was for a while afterwards but it stopped after about 4 or 5 hours. Any chances that this is because of the jailbreaking? its a legit at&t sim with a legit at&t contract activated through itunes....i was thinking maybe it could be because i ported my number from verizon?

any help???

2. dstein thread starter macrumors member

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

you cant expect many people to reply at this time of day in the time period between your posts

try a restore to 1.1.2 without jailbreaking, working then?

also, it takes a few days for numbers to transfer (at least in the UK it does)
    usually, when numbers are transferred, you can place calls, but not receive, and sms shouldnt work

4. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Porting a number over has known problems for texting for the first few days. When I ported mine over, it took a day and a half for the text thing to be fixed. It has nothing to do with jailbreaking. I would wait a day or tow before messing with the phone further.

5. brando88 macrumors 6502

Agreed

6. dstein thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys...all is good now texting, phone and 3rd party apps work great!