Texting... God Help Me

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CrashX, Sep 20, 2015.

1. CrashX macrumors regular

I am the proud owner of an iPhone 4 - yeah, the cool one with the retina display. Yep.

So it doesn't work with Continuity - BUT my new friendgirl who just LOVES texting me from work ALL DAY is on an Android.

I've looked into Google Voice, pretty much EVERYTHING - just trying to find something that MIGHT allow me to avoid having to pick up my stupid iPhone every time it goes off. 'Cuz it's a bit too early in the relationship to ask her to stop with the texting.

I don't mind using some hack for my phone or whatever - I just seriously can not deal with this madness any longer. And I was so hoping the iPhone 6s would make me wish to upgrade, but I'm so over the whole iPhone bit altogether. I wish texting didn't even exist. But oh well.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. And what REALLY sucks is I have a retina MacBook Pro - just my stupid phone is too old. And I don't want to buy another one - because I hate phones and I've played Angry Birds already. Thanks.

2. dingster1 macrumors regular

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Get an Apple Watch so you can ignore the texts from your wrist?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Go into the Messages app, find your girlfriends contact in the list. Press and hold to mute her.

No more alerts from her text messages.

I can't help with the relationship part from that point. ;)