texting multiple people...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WRXface, Aug 11, 2009.

1. WRXface macrumors regular

is there an option that lets you text everyone in your phone book?

2. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

If you add them one at a time. I don't believe Apple allows for Group Texting (selecting just the group name) at this time. And I don't think they allow the Group mailing Apps to add multiple names at once.
    You can add one name at a time by: 1. Open the Txt msg app, 2. Touch the Add name area, 3. Select a Contact or type in a phone number, 4. In the Address line of the App, touch the name or number you just added again,
    5. Add additional name, 6. Go to Step 4

3. clcnyc macrumors regular

clcnyc

Which is ridiculous. What's the point of having groups if you can't just send to a group with one click (or touch)?

4. WRXface thread starter macrumors regular

i know how to text lol, i meant the group texting though

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Texting everyone in your phone book is never necessary unless you just got your phone and only have entered in your close friends into the contacts. They will never implement this option as it will only cause problems when someone accidently sent out 350 text messages at once because they accidently clicked Send To All. Don't get your hopes up here.

As far as groups, I think it's a good idea.

6. COBRASVT macrumors regular

No, they don't allow for group txting. And Apple can "suck it" on this account too. :)

I have a group distro that I created by txting everyone I wanted on the distro the first time. Now, I go back to that sent text each time and just delete the old txt message and paste in the new.

Stupid method, but it works. Funny how AT&T and Apple don't think we'll find a work around for the things that "everyone" else allows by default.

7. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Good workaround. Good post.