Texting Sound isn't Powerful on iPhone 6S please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dan50, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Dan50 macrumors regular

texting sound isn't loud/powerful enough when I receive texts while I'm talking on the phone with somebody. It used to be louder/powerful on my previous iPhones but not this new iPhone 6S. What should I do? Just got it at Verizon store today.

2. Dan50, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016

Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure if it's software issue or the phone itself. Should I get replacement?

3. C DM, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

At some point with iOS 7 or 8 the alert volume and vibration strength have been reduced during calls so that they wouldn't be so jarring.

It's essentially by design and was adjusted to be like that in iOS 7 or 8 (can't quote recall exactly at the moment).

4. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

But for my iPhone 5s my old phone with the latest update installed, it still had loud texting alert sound while I was talking on the phone. Why is this happening to this new 6S phone? Is something wrong with this phone hardware ? For my old iPhone 5s and this new 6s both have the same software latest version installed, that's why I'm confused.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Did you turn up volume for alerts? I'd check that.

It's very unlikely you have an issue with the phone. Try playing music and turn it up as loud as the phone will go. I'll bet that that works just fine.