Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
I might be mistaken but I thought there was suppose to be a mic button in texting where you could hit it and talk and it would transfer talk to text. I think there are apps that do this but I thought it was going to be built in.

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
I might be mistaken but I thought there was suppose to be a mic button in texting where you could hit it and talk and it would transfer talk to text. I think there are apps that do this but I thought it was going to be built in.

Do you have an iphone 4S?

DoodleD

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2010
So the 200+ improvements we've been reading about iOS 5 over the last few months were only for the 4s? That sucks! This is definitely a feature that I was looking forward to. I was kind of hoping it was hidden somewhere in the settings or someone here in the forums would have revealed it on the 4. I guess Apple wants all us 4 users to upgrade.

JS3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
So the 200+ improvements we've been reading about iOS 5 over the last few months were only for the 4s? That sucks! This is definitely a feature that I was looking forward to. I was kind of hoping it was hidden somewhere in the settings or someone here in the forums would have revealed it on the 4. I guess Apple wants all us 4 users to upgrade.

I agree. Wasn't looking for anything as special as the siri feature just wanted to be able to hit the mic and say what ever and then text it.lol.

DerekTS

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011

No. The 200+ improvements to iOS 5 will be on any iPhone/iPad/Ipod touch. You have clearly been confusing the 200+ improvements with iphone 4S features.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
You still get the 200+ improvements when you install iOS5. Dictation just happens not to be one of them.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA

I think siri and dictation are the only 4s exclusive software features. so there are still 200 improvements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.