Texting wont work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NLeo, Jul 17, 2008.

1. NLeo macrumors newbie

When I send a text to certaing people ATT spits an ERROR message back: ERROR INVALID NUMBER. PLEASE RESEND USING A VALID 10 DIGIT MOBIL NUMBER OR VALID SHORT CODE.... The number IS a valid 10 digit mobile number.

It lets me text my parents and my brother but thats it. Is there any fix to this?

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

No there is nothing to be fixed, you were just pwnd by your parents...
    Ask them about something called 'Smart Limits' I bet they squirm and admit to having it.

Show them your responsible and they may let you have text abilities...

3. NLeo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well we got unlimited texting so i dont see why it wouldnt work. It lets me send it to other ppl with att no problem but when i try to send to my friends with verizon it says invalid number.

4. NLeo thread starter macrumors newbie

It works if i take the person out of my contacts and do it. I did the thing where u delete all data and it seems to be working now. I just wonder if i have to do that with every person.

5. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

How did you have them entered in your address book?
    eg (321)555-1212 or 1 (321) 555-1212 or just () 555-1212

6. NLeo thread starter macrumors newbie

i had them like (111) 111-1111. I did the thing where u delete all the info but it seems to only work on a few ppl because my one friend even with him out of my contacts if he texts me or i text him it doesnt work.

7. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

A close relative is having the same problem sending texts from his 2G iPhone on AT&T to a friend using an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile. He can send to everyone else, and can receive from the T-Mobile user, just can't send to him. Same error message.

Problem remains unresolved.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I've had no problems texting with my upgraded 1G iPhone. To and from other AT&T and Verizon works great for me.

9. cinn-a-mon macrumors newbie

maybe fixed it

Make sure you delete the whole contact from favorites and make sure you delete the previous conversation. Then text them by manually entering the 10 digit phone number. That should work. Then when they reply then save their number to contcts. Thats what I did and it should work fine.