Textra notification badge

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by saldawop, Oct 24, 2013.

1. saldawop macrumors regular

Does anybody use Textra with Apex launcher?
    Do you get notification badges showing on the app icon?
    I have used stock,chompsms and handcent ,and as long as I let Apex know which app I am using I get a badge appear when I get a new text, but not Textra.

2. weespeed macrumors 6502

I've used it on my Note 3 with Nova. It does have the icon badge up top.
    Go on app manager and see if notifications are checked in there.

3. saldawop thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I get the notification in the notification bar, I mean on the app icon on my dock.

4. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I don't get the number badges either. Just get the popups and the icon at the top of the notification bar.

5. saldawop thread starter macrumors regular

6. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nope. Nova Prime has same options because it relies on Telsa Unread just like standard Nova and adding badges to Textra is not an option.

This is not notification bar were talking about but badges on the icon itself.

8. tbayrgs, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Sorry MR but you're mistaken. I also use Nova Prime with Tesla Unread and I get the unread count appearing on my Textra icon in my dock. That's it on the bottom (disregard the different icon, I use a custom theme and dislike the default choice for Textra).

Attached Files:

9. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Can we see a pic? I sent a email to them yesterday saying the number badges don't work on either launcher and they acknowledged they don't and are working on trying to fix that.

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Added a pic to the original post. You'll see the new text notification at the top and the unread count on the icon on the bottom.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

How did you apply this then ? I too have Nova Prime but I don't get the textra badge at all on my Textra icon, only notifications in the notification bar.

I wonder if it is device dependent too ? You don't have any other notification tool installed such as Missedit! ?

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Nothing else installed, just set up Tesla Unread to show badge for SMS and it just works, always has on my One. Here's a shot of my Tesla Unread settings. Also added a shot of my app drawer with the unmodified icon and it also shows the unread count.

Attached Files:

13. MRU, Oct 25, 2013

MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Freaky doesn't seem to work with me and I've set it up the same way. :confused:

edit....

Ok so I went into messages on my Note 3 (the samsung app) and I had turned off notifications for it. I re-enabled them and then went back to home screen. I then cleared defaults / cache of Nova in my app management and rebooted my phone. After restart I sent myself a text and hey presto Textra had the notification badge !!!! YAY !!!! Though now I get two notifications on the notification drawer when a text message comes in because Samsung Messages still gets it.

14. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Did you try to then turn off notifications again in the Samsung messages app and see if the badge remains?

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep, sadly for me when I turn off notification in the messages app itself (in more settings) it for some reason doesn't display the textra notification.

But .... if i turn off notifactions for messages in actual settings / app management then textra notificationd continue to work ?

Freaky but at least workable.

16. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Must be a compatibility issue with Samsung, or at least the messages app on the Note 3. Hopefully the developers are on top of it. I had an issue with the badge on the Gmail app after the major update a while back (when they added the Social and Promotions inboxes) but it was resolved within about a week, IIRC.

17. Fanaticalism, Oct 25, 2013

Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

Why would I lie? lol!

Attached Files:

18. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

Weird, I did absolutely nothing aside from download Textra and make some tweaks in the Textra settings (launch full app from notifications), and it worked "out the box".

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What is the icon pack you are using ? It looks great ....

20. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

One of my favs, MIUI X5 Theme.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

22. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

The number badges are working for me on Nova now. I just downloaded another theme and they started working with it.

BTW, anyone know what this date thing on the left is called in the play store? It wasn't included with the theme and I want it. I assume the date on top is a part of it but don't know.
    He I didn't get this theme with it either which was a bummer. Came with about eight other themes. I feel cheated, lol.

Attached Files:

23. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

They're both Zooper Widgets.

24. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Thanks. Not a bad widget at all.

Attached Files: