Texts and iMessages in general (iOS any version)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parajba, May 1, 2014.

1. parajba macrumors 6502

I've been using iOS for 5 years and only recently I picked up a Galaxy s5 in a shop to try it out (haven't bought it, was just playing with it).

There was no network in the shop, so I tried to send a text and noticed that the text didn't fail instantly like it happens on my iphone. The phone tried to send the text and to an extent put the text in the 'outbox' mail.

Is there such a thing for an iphone? When I don't have any network coverage I don't seem to be able to send a text but as soon as the network is back the phone doesn't even try to send it.

Thanks!

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

You hit the ! And it will ask to resend, but no it won't do it on its own.

3. parajba thread starter macrumors 6502

Texts and iMessages in general (iOS any version)

Yes that's what I do but it doesn't work if you don't have network. Sometimes the network signal varies, you might be 10 seconds or minutes without etc depending on where you are.

I'm honestly surprised that it doesn't do this - as it's quite a basic feature.

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

You can also tap the message and it gives you the option to send the text as a text message rather than an iMessage. I remember when I was on android it would try on your behalf but you also didn't know if the message had sent or not and there were times when it failed much like on iPhone.