Texts come late, due to JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by T0Mlol, Feb 2, 2012.

1. T0Mlol macrumors member

Where do I start?

I've had my 4S since day 1 and I've never had a problem like this until recently when I have jailbroken. Basically, I can be sitting there and a few things can happen.

1. Phone on desk, time goes by and when I pick my phone up and press the home button to check the time, I will receive text(s). The time could say one thing and the timestamp of the text will be around 5-10 minutes later but I wasn't notified? It's kind of like when I pressed the button, my service like re-activated. That, makes me mad.

2. I can sit there and not receive a text, then time goes by and I'll receive 4-5 texts at the SAME TIME. The sound will play one after another and it will be from all different people, different timestamps but all just came at once? What?

Here is an example of something that happened today, LOOK at the timestamps:
    [​IMG]

The first and third message from that person are the SAME exact one, just sent twice? 3:51 then back to 3:45? They are both in iMessage too so I don't get it.

3. There are PLENTY of times where I will be in conversation with my friends and I reply and they don't respond, later I ask and they say they didn't get my message. I make them show me their phones, and yeah...they didn't get it. Says on my end it sent.

Now, I LOVE my jailbreak to death and don't want to go without it but this is getting out of hand. This same exact problem happened with me when I had my iPhone 4 jailbroken but the difference was I was using biteSMS and a few people and an AT&T rep said it's biteSMS doing it so I figured this time around I'm going to use the standard Messages app. Can SOMEONE please give me an idea on what to do?

Thanks so much for reading and I'm waiting to hear some answers!

2. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

You have to make sure it sends so the other person will get it.

3. T0Mlol thread starter macrumors member

Um, that doesn't help me out at all?

4. Balibalistic macrumors regular

This has just started happening to me as well. Only the last couple days. I jail broke the day it was released. I thought it might be bitesms so I installed a different version to no avail.

5. MastahRiz, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

This was happening to me before I JB as well. It's definitely annoying but I don't think the JB is to blame. I think it is an iMessages bug and 3G/Wifi connectivity issue.

6. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

I'm using an unjailbroken iPhone 4 and have had issues with iMessages and texts as well. I don't think it's a problem with the jailbreak, but rather one with the messages going through Apple's servers before being sent. My issues were not exactly the same as you described, but I sometimes receive multiple iMessages/texts that are exactly the same when the person has actually only sent the message once. It may also be a problem with your carrier. I'm with AT&T. Hope that helps.

7. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

8. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

That's not a question and this shouldn't end with a mark denoting it is such.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its always the JB's fault.
    I ran out of gas, its the JB:D

12. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Get over yourself.

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

My dog ate my homework! Damn that jailbreak

14. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

seriously. thought i was the only one that noticed this.

15. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Actually this is correct.

The other day I ran out of gas because I never bothered to look at my fuel gauge the entire day because I was too busy messing around with my newly "JAILBROKEN" iPhone. :D

16. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Seriously melissa, get off your high horse. You are constantly fussing and getting on posters for no reason.

17. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Melissa*

18. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

You are worse than a nat. Fact.

19. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Your own grammar is atrocious. The correct wording of your sentence would have been "That's not a question and thus shouldn't end with a mark denoting it as such."

20. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Gnat*.... haha just kidding. But on topic my phone doesn't do this and I'm jailbroken. I'm on AT&T.

21. kalex macrumors 65816

Now that this thread is sufficiently offtrack lets try to bring it back. OP enable delivery confirmation and once you see "Delivered" under the message u sent that would mean that message got to the other end. You can also enable read receipts but recipient needs to allow read receipts to be sent.

22. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

You might try changing you DNS server, switch to Google's Public DNS. 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. As for when you are on 3g you might want to try resetting your network settings or disabling your wifi > disabling iMessage > sign out of your itunes account > reboot your phone > sign back into itunes > enable imessage> wait for imessage to activate.

Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me after I jailbroke my phone.

23. yamatitan macrumors member

This coming from the person who cant even get it right in their screenname.

24. MaxMichael macrumors member

To me this looks more like an iMessage problem, unless it happens to you with people who don't have iPhones. What I can imagine happening is the person is trying to send an iMessage and for whatever reason it didn't go through and sent as a text which you got first and then when the iMessage tried to send/be received again, which I think happens at set intervals, you got the same message just as an iMessage how it was originally trying to be sent.

25. swiftbmx macrumors regular

LOL trollin'