Texts coming from my phone number but taps sent from my watch come from another phone number ...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 3under2, Jun 11, 2015.

1. 3under2 macrumors regular

3under2

When i send a text from my apple watch, it is received from the phone number synched to my watch. But when I send a tap/heartbeat/sketch from my watch it appears to come from my husband's phone number. There is no Apple watch synced to his phone nor does he have an apple watch. How do I correct?

I have already checked Settings/Messages/Send & Receive/Start New Conversations From ... my number is checked ...

38 MM Stainless Steel ios 1.0.1/iphone 6 running ios 8.3

Thanks in advance!:):apple:

2. 3under2 thread starter macrumors regular

3under2

3. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Weird issue....Im thinking maybe you might have your husband's number in your contacts under your name...maybe?

4. littlemissGTO macrumors member

littlemissGTO

The same thing just happened to me, only it's my son's phone number that is coming up. Is there any way to fix this?

5. 3under2 thread starter macrumors regular

3under2

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked his contact and mine and nope.

I just happened to find this out. My collegue just got his watch so I tapped to test it and noticed my husbands number popped up. So annoying!

Help!

6. 3under2 thread starter macrumors regular

3under2

Not thatI have found. I have searched and nothing ...

7. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I had that problem because I had both my name and my late wife's name on both of our phone numbers in my contact list. If you get a call, and it's from "xxxx or yyyy or 3 others" it means you have the same number listed on multiple contacts in your address book and iOS doesn't know which one to show you for an incoming call. This is true for both of my kids' phones as well because I had my name on their phones (since I pay for them). Now I've cleaned up my address book to remove (most) duplicate phone numbers and I don't get (as many) "xxx or yyy or 3 others" when I receive an incoming call.

8. 3under2 thread starter macrumors regular

3under2

I have checked and that is not the case for me. I also have a contact checker that searches for barious things and the same number on multiple contacts is one of the checks. Mind boggling because that's not the reason ..,

9. flur macrumors 68000

Do you and your husband share an icloud account?

10. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

That is a frustrating issue...I still think it has something to do with your contacts somewhere. But if you don't get a solution here, I would either call Apple Care or bring your phone and your watch into a genius store and let them have a go at it. They could probably check multiple things on your watch and iPhone quickly rather than the slow process of guessing here.

Quick question though: Do the people that get your taps see your husband's name or do they see your husband's phone number?

11. 3under2 thread starter macrumors regular

3under2

I'm in Sweden so no genius bar for me (it's not released here yet). My collegue saw just my husbands number. I wasn't in his contact list ...

12. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

13. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Also, the problem might be on your colleague's end with his contacts so maybe might try to duplicate it with another friend and see what happens.

14. littlemissGTO macrumors member

littlemissGTO

I called my son and had him create his own Apple ID and sign out of my account. That appears to have worked.

15. 3under2 thread starter macrumors regular

3under2

Thanks for all the help! Will try the suggestions and go from there :).

16. miketini24 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. Please post how you were able to resolve, if... you get it resolved. )

17. littlemissGTO macrumors member

littlemissGTO

I had to call my son and have him sign out of my Apple ID. Then I had him turn off iMessage and create his own Apple ID. Once he did that he signed into iMessages under his own Apple ID. Once he did that, my issue was resolved. I have no idea how his number even got added to my iMessages.