Texts delayed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bina12834, Jul 1, 2009.

1. bina12834 macrumors regular

so this has only been happening as of recently, and it doesnt happen all the time, but im getting a delay when i receive some text messages. this has happened with people on both AT&T and Verizon networks.

2. Andruw91 macrumors regular

Some people I sent texts to say that they got them a long time after like 30 minutes+. I know this isn't an iPhone thing and more of an AT&T problem. Hopefully it gets fixed along with mms. I don't really use it that often but viewmymessage really sucks.

3. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I actually have noticed every once and a while I have a delay in voicemails as well, I just got one yesterday that was left on last Thursday from my yard guy. When I called AT&T they said something about network upgrades – the standard spiel. :rolleyes:

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I wouldn't blame AT&T for this specifically. All the providers have this issue at times. It mostly depends on the data traffic, for one thing.

5. bina12834 thread starter macrumors regular

since i got my iPhone last november i never had this problem up until a few weeks ago.

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i once got 3 text messages 3 days after the sender said he sent them.

i have att

7. hitman0304 macrumors member

It's an at&t problem. I've had problems with delayed texts for a long time. It's happened way before I got my iPhone. It's most common when texting from at&t to verizon or vice versa

8. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

+1. I've had this issue for a long time.

9. kevo0822 macrumors regular

where are you located? i'm in the washington, dc area and i just started having text delay issues a few days ago...

10. bina12834 thread starter macrumors regular

NOVA here...

this is happening between me and my gf(also on AT&T)

11. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

I totally know what you guys mean. I have AT&T too.
    I've never had this problem before up until a couple of weeks ago. I mean, come on. When you have five bars, do five texts randomly come in the same time from different people? I find it a bit odd.

12. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Um, my voicemail has always been delayed by atleast 5mins. The average is about 30mins to a day later. Anyways, sometimes my texts don't even get to the person I send to. It's really annoying.