Texts forwarded from iphone to touch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bkushner, Jan 29, 2011.

1. bkushner macrumors regular

Is there an app that can do this? I carry my Touch at work but would like to receive the texts going to my iphone.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if I'm not mistaking you want sms that would go to your iphone forwarded to your touch. as far as I know won't work like that but they could just text you at work though the sms apps like below.
    in the app store my daughter uses one all the time on her touch. just search sms in the app store the one my daughter uses is text free.

3. bkushner thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it would be possible to have my iphone texts forwarded to my touch. People send me texts to my cell number during work sometimes but I choose to carry my touch in the hospital usually so that's the difficulty. I have used text apps from the touch. I was hoping for an app that sends the texts as emails maybe.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

is it possible you could use google voice it would be a separate/different phone number. so you have to get everybody to switch to the google voice number but once they do you can set to automatically ring your work, home and cell or your neighbors phone lol, you can also have it send sms and emails. might be your best solution. there are apps in the app store now too.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

5. bkushner thread starter macrumors regular

I was just looking at my carrier and they say they can forward texts to other phone numbers or emails for you extra charge. The carrier is Fido/Rogers. I just tried to set it up it but there was no email option available on the app page so i have sent them a question about that. Thanks again.