Texts Messaging & Rates Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I was looking at AT&Ts rates for family plans and i had a couple of questions. I am going to have a family plan with 2 iPhones, and under text messaging it says For Individuals Unlimited is $20 and for Family Talk Unlimited is $30. So 1) does that mean that unlimited text for the 2 iPhones on the family plan is just $30 or is it $30 per phone on the plan? Also I was curious about my bill (went to an AT&T store by my house and he had no clue) Say I get the Family Talk for 2 iPhones with 1400 minutes a month which will be $150. 2) Does that mean that it will be $150 + the $30 for unlimited texts for the 2 iPhones bringing my total to $180? And can i add 2 lines of regular phones with no texts/data plans, etc.. for $9.99 each bringing my total to $200 before taxes and everything? Thanks alot

2. Has03 macrumors newbie

It means that for a maximum of 5 lines (I think it's 5) you pay $30 overall. NOT $30 per line which ends up being a better deal than $20 for one individual.

3. Has03 macrumors newbie

actually, I just read up on their site and I don't see anything about a maximum of 5... so not sure where I got that but I'm almost 100% sure it's $30 per family talk ACCOUNT not per line.

4. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I don't "know" about the unlimited family plan texting but I believe you are correct.

I have the family plan with two iPhones and a regular phone without data or text messaging. The third phone is only $9.99 a month. So your statements above should all be true.

5. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

-Text Messaging for Individuals are for AT&T users that are on an individual plan (not family)

-$30 a month is for FAMILY MESSAGING. Everyone on your family Plan has unlimited messaging for $30 a month TOTAL (not per line).

-Your total bill with 1400 mintues will cost your $180 plus taxes. ($80 for line 1, $9.99 for line two, $60 ($30 x2 for unlimited iPhone 3G Data), $30 Unlimited Family Messaging (Unlimited Messaging for Everyone of FT Plan)

-Yes, You can add lines (up to 3 more) for $9.99 each (provided they aren't getting any data) and those lines will also inherit the unlimited messaging.

$30 for the family talk messaging is ONLY for the members in THAT family plan. It also does NOT apply to business plans. If you have two family plans on 1 account you would need TWO $30 Family Messaging Plans.

6. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816