Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Not sure how to explain it other than what the thread title says. Friends will send me texts but I don't receive them on my iPhone. However, when I get home, they appear on my MBP in Messages.

How can I fix this so that texts go to my iPhone? Or is it possible to have texts go to both my iPhone and my MBP?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I have my texts go to all my devies - not sure how to setup - I recommend you google. Sorry for my little help.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Not sure how to explain it other than what the thread title says. Friends will send me texts but I don't receive them on my iPhone. However, when I get home, they appear on my MBP in Messages.

How can I fix this so that texts go to my iPhone? Or is it possible to have texts go to both my iPhone and my MBP?

Have you confirmed that iMessage is enabled on your phone? Perhaps your phone isn't set up to receive messages at your email address but your MBP is and that's where they're sending them to?

More info from Apple here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3529

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Like said above. They're not texts, they're imessages.
Computers cant receive carriers texts messages.

Sorry, I meant iMessages. Either way, they aren't always going to my iPhone. They sometimes go to my MBP or iPad instead.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
That's weird.
So you dont receive them at all, not even late?
You have internet access on your phone right?

I don't receive them at all on my iPhone. I have internet access on my phone, but not at work (4G there).

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I don't receive them at all on my iPhone. I have internet access on my phone, but not at work (4G there).

Weird.
You should get them fine with carrier 4G data network.
I'd try turning off imessage on the phone and then turning it back on.
See if that makes any difference and then have someone send you some imessages to test it out.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Weird.
You should get them fine with carrier 4G data network.
I'd try turning off imessage on the phone and then turning it back on.
See if that makes any difference and then have someone send you some imessages to test it out.

Seems to be working ... I hope.

THANKS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.