Texts that I've read not disappearing from Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jkel777, Feb 16, 2016.

1. jkel777 macrumors 6502

I've had this problem for a couple weeks now. Basically, once I read an iMessage or text on my MacBook or iPhone, the message does not disappear from my Watch notifications. The Watch will also continue to notify me of incoming messages that I've already read about 10-15 seconds later. This only happens for message notifications. It's like the Watch isn't syncing up with my messages. Has this happened to anyone else? Any fix short of doing a complete reset? Thanks!

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

3. jkel777 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've done both multiple times and still seeing the same issue... I should've mentioned that in my OP lol.

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Happens to me too. I notice it's usually texts that come through while the phone has the screen on and is unlocked, but I don't actually look at the message in the Messages app.

5. convergent macrumors 68020

convergent

I've got a similar but I think different problem. I've got three messages from my wife from months ago that show back up every time I get message notifications on my watch. They don't come through as notifications, but when I click on a new message to read it, those few messages are always at the top, and then the new ones. They have been that way for months. The most annoying part was that she was angry at me when she sent them and I keep getting reminded of that over and over. Maybe I can sue Apple for personal distress!

6. Newtons Apple, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Wish there was a way to dump all the text messages on the watch at the same time.

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Agreed - I hope this is something Apple will fix in a future update. It's painful having to delete text messages one at a time.

8. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I usually view my text messages on my phone and have noticed the same thing on my MacBook for months, I always have to delete everything individually. Now that I have the watch I'm getting the same thing. I wish that once I have read and deleted an email that it was deleted from all devices!

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Agreed, would not be so bad but you have to "confirm" each delete on top of that!

10. izzle22, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016

izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

I have a similar issue although different. I clear/erase all my messages/texts from my watch and the next morning (always happens over night) I have 8 ghost messages that are blank from unknown. This is only on my watch and all messages have been cleared from the phone as well. The ONLY thing I haven't tried is resetting the watch to new. I am ready to do that now if I don't get an answer.

(Update)
    I erased watch and restored to new. Cleared all messages from iPhone and iPad as well. This morning I woke up and watch had 1 blank message from unknown. Nothing on other devices. These will multiply over the next few weeks as it did before I'm sure. Very frustrating to say the least. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If the Aw is "about all the little things" this should have been included.

12. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

On the message notification press hard on screen and you can clear them.

13. Newtons Apple, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

On text messages?

You must be pushing harder than me!!!

I do not think so unless they changed it yesterday when I am not looking. Notifications, emails but not texts. You have to delete each one and then even confirm before you can go to the next?

14. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

In my experience so far, the hard press to clear all is just in notifications. What annoys me most about texts is that in addition to having to delete each one individually, you have to click the trash can and then click the word trash. I mean come on! I click on the message, I doubt I would accidentally click the trash can. It would be nice if it were like the phone and you could slide left to delete. If I could do that even I wouldn't mind deleting each text thread individually.