Texts to the right phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oracle1729, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Oracle1729 macrumors 6502a

My wife's iPhone died this weekend, so as a temporary fix, I lent her mine and just swapped her sim in. Most things seem to work well except that she's not getting her texts from other iPhone users (the iMessage issue I would imagine).

How can I get the phone to receive her messages? I searched and find lots of people complaining they can't get messages on new android phones, but this is an iPhone to iPhone swap.

Both are iPhone 4s models, running iOS 6. Mine is 16 gig, hers is (was?) 32 gig. I have recent backups of both phones. I don't want to make any changes to my phone that will be hard to undo since this is (hopefully) a temporary arrangement.

Thanks.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Check messages and make sure iMessage is on. Hope that helps :)

Attached Files:

3. Oracle1729 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your reply. It actually was set to on and the texts still aren't showing up. They do show up on her iPad though.

I imagine it was set to on on her phone and turning it off would have helped, but since her phone won't even power on that's not an option.

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Check Settings > Messages > Send & Receive (that'll take you one screen deeper than the one illustrated above). See what phone number(s) and email address(es) are listed, and which ones are selected.

5. Oracle1729 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That solved it. Thank you so much.