Texture Corruption = Bad vid card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ayeying, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Okay, so many might bash on me for doing this, but I started playing WoW... not that good at it, but it passes the time especially on those lonely nights... lol. anyways, I noticed, that the macbook air gets corruption on the graphics ever so often, almost always after I play for a long time.

At first, I thought it was because I was command+M in and out all the time but just this morning playing for 4 hours without doing so, I still got corruption. I haven't been able to run any other 3D intensive programs to test (except that) but does any other MBA users see any graphic corruption?

The temps stay at 70-75 deg C w/ external cooling (otherwise core might shutdown) so I'm not sure.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Keep in mind the video card is integrated on the chipset. It sounds like a heat issue from long term usage.

3. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

Yah, I'm guessing it could be a heat issue, but the texture corruption isn't extreme, its only where some buttons and some part of the realm is getting corrupted graphics. It could be a game issue but I don't have anything else to test it with.