TextView url link --> UIWebView

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by iPhoneSpain, Apr 18, 2010.

1. iPhoneSpain macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a textView which detects links and allows me to click on them. When I do so, current app is closed in order to open safari as usual. I want to load that url inside my app with an UIWebView so the app isn't closed when I click the link (that is kind of annoying!). How can I accomplish that??

Thanks!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Push a new view controller into the navigation stack. The view controller should be managing a UIWebView. When it becomes visible tell it to load the URL.

Unless there is something specific you are stuck with I don't really see what more you want? It seems like a very basic simple thing to do.

3. iPhoneSpain thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I guess it's very simple and I've already loaded UIWebViews into my app. The problem is that I do not know which method is responsible for detecting that I've clicked the link, capture it into a string 4 instance and so, the method where I have to push the new ViewController.

Do you understand me?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Ah, well that's the bit you said you have. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the documentation.

5. iPhoneSpain thread starter macrumors newbie

But I have seen lots of programs doing what I am trying to. I think it's very simple. I've come across lots of forums explaining how to detects links inside a UIWebView but I need that inside a textView in order to launch my UIWebView whenever the link is clicked.

No idea? :(

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

How do you know these other programs are using text views? Could you not load your text into a UIWebView?

7. iPhoneSpain thread starter macrumors newbie