TF2 in Crossover on new MBP (alu/glass)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kntgsp, Oct 22, 2008.

1. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

Just in case anyone was curious about how well TF2 ran, I tried it in XP under Boot Camp and then also under Crossover in OSX. (Crossover offers GPU acceleration)

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It obviously performs better directly in XP (via boot camp), but even under Crossover, I had it set to 1440x900, details maxed and even 2x antiscopic filtering and it was easily playable. I'll run it again with net_graph turned on to get exact number, but I'd say easily in the 50's under crossfire, and higher on XP.

The fans kick in high when I'm using Crossover, but the pseudo-emulation stuff is a little harder on the laptop anyway. So yea, it'll sound like you're playing it next to a jet ready for takeoff.....but it plays. And I use headphones anyway :p

This was on the 2.53Ghz 512mb 9600M with 4GB Ram.

2. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

i've been running TF2 just perfect under bootcamp in Vista 32bit

using the boot camp nvidia drivers i get avg 50FPS , i installed the newest drivers from Laptopvideo2go and my fps dropped like crazy... which makes me think there really arn't any good 9600m drivers out there yet, i bet we will get much improved fps even in the coming driver releases