OS X TF2 will no longer launch

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dr. McKay, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Dr. McKay, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

For some reason, Team Fortress 2 will no longer launch on my iMac (i5, OS X.8.4, latest version of Steam). Message = quit unexpectedly.
    It was working fine a couple of days ago, and I didn't install any specific software or apps...

All other Valve and non-Valve games launch without problems. Have removed TF2 and reinstalled, no better.
    Have removed steam and reinstalled, no better. Anyone else have this problem ?

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

This doesn't sound like the same problem exactly that I had but it's worth a shot. My thread can be found HERE detailing what I found when TF2 was crashing for me. Worth a shot as a start.

3. Dr. McKay thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, that wasn't the problem, apparently. Thx anyway.

4. sydnius macrumors newbie

I had this problem recently, turned out it was a USB-Playstation controller adapter. TF2 must be iterating the HID USB devices poorly. Solution for me was to unplug the darn thing.

Run with just stock keyboard + 2-button mouse, you may have a USB device that is causing what happened to me.

Good luck out there!

5. Dr. McKay thread starter macrumors 6502a

I unplugged my Logitech Precision Pro joypad (a basic PS-like controller I use to play SNES games with SNES9X) and lo and behold : TF2 launched perfectly !

Strange, I always have the joypad plugged in, TF2 launched without problems before, with the joypad plugged in. I guess some update messed it up...