TFF crashes Airport in PB 12" 1.5GHz

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Zotaccian, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Zotaccian macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

Anyone else experiencing this? I just recently received this machine so for me it is new. Browsed web without problems with Safari but today I decided to install TFF, security in mind. However, after I start it my Airport crashes, the icon disappears and can't get anywhere with browser. After I shut TFF down I'm back online again. Because. I'm very familiar with 2005 AP problems I first assumed and cursed that it is that same or similar kind of problem but luckily not.

Took the default version from TFF site, I believe it was 17-series. I'm running 10.5.8.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you're after security and TenFourFox crashes on you, look into Leopard Webkit. It'll give Safari a newer Webkit engine that's more up to date.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'd start by checking proxies. Is your system using a proxy, either in Settings>Network>Advanced under the Proxy tab or in T4Fx itself?

4. Zotaccian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

I tried Leopard Webkit long time ago but atleast then it did cause YouView to stop functioning. YouView is an application which allows me to watch YouTube smoothly.

Previous owner reinstalled the OS before selling it and as far as I can tell, all settings are at default in the Network menu.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What about in the Network settings in T4Fx?

6. Zotaccian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

Will check later, however, I downloaded Leopard Webkit and now I remembered that I probably installed it system wide when it screwed up YouView, simply using it works fine. I remember that there was a warning only to install it system wide if you like to test :)