TG Pro

Discussion in 'iMac' started by HighTime, Feb 7, 2015.

1. HighTime macrumors member

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

It's nothing wrong to use that, but you may consider istat and HWmonitor as well.

3. cynics macrumors G3

I like it. It shows temps of all components and records maximum each component got in an easy to read graph/chart. Its customizable for how it looks in the menu, what you want to measure, c or f, fan speeds, refresh rate, notification pop ups, email alerts, etc etc. You can also log temps, fan speed, diags, etc.

It has a fan control I like too. You can set the percentage of fan you want for any and all components at a set temp and how gradual you want the fan to come on from 5 seconds to 1 minute.

So for example 80% fan when CPU is 80c, over 1 minute of time. So when the CPU gets to 80c the fan will come on and slowly ramp up to 80% over the course of 1 minute. So if it satisfies that call for fan it slowly revs back down. I really like that because I can have the fan actively maintain a temp without the fan being obnoxious.

At anytime OS X will override it if it needs too. So if it needs 100% fan immediately it will do it. So there is no need to worry about messing anything up. I verified this with games, I can not get the fan control to let something exceed the temps of the limits already in place by OS X.

Here are some screen shots.

Menu Bar

[​IMG]

Drop down menu when you click the menu bar

[​IMG]

Main Window, the lines passed the temps are the recorded maximums scrolling your mouse over them highlights it.

[​IMG]

Preferences, can select what info you want to see in the menu bar

[​IMG]

Fan control preferences, you can add anything and everything to this.

[​IMG]

That said I never really messed with any other programs. They could be better, and there are certainly some free options out there. BTW ignore ambient sensor thats my iMac.

4. HighTime thread starter macrumors member

Thank you both for your replies.

Thank you Cynics for all that detail, it does seem like a well designed utility from what you have shown. I think I will be getting it.

5. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

It's a very popular and highly regarded app. I use it occassionally myself and have had no issues with it.

6. tbsoftware macrumors newbie

tbsoftware

TG Pro

Thanks for the kind words and the review about TG Pro!

This is Matt from Tunabelly Software. I wanted to reach out and let you guys know that if there are any features you'd like to see added, please feel free to let me know anytime at support@tunabelly.com.

I have some great things planned for TG Pro 3, so stay tuned!

PS. The iMac ambient temperature issue will be resolved in the next update.

7. HighTime thread starter macrumors member

I bought it a few days back, very nice, thanks.