Thank god for the iPhone Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cuniac, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

Pre-ordering an iPhone is always a crap shoot every year. Sites crash left and right, slow loading, carriers don't show you the information or plans that they should be offering you. Its bad.. After reading several posts on here with difficulties and problems with several carriers it reminds me how great this iPhone Upgrade Program is.

No longer will we have to have carriers holding the metaphorical gun to our heads. "Here is this stupid and bad idea." "Deal with these lies and no one to talk to". "Yes you eligible for an upgrade but you cant see that during pre-orders, call us tomorrow." Usually they don't care because they know we are in some sort of contact with them, weather it be a traditional contract or a edge/next type contract. But with the iPhone Upgrade Program we can all go Month to Month. Tell them we will leave if they don't provide us the service we signed up for. Its no longer an empty threat. We can switch between companies as we like.

This is beautiful. Thank you Apple, and go to hell carriers :)

2. JonnyBravo macrumors regular

I absolutely agree with you on this. I'm switching back to an iPhone after trying out a Galaxy Note 4 for one year. While the Samsung/Android experience was just ok, dealing with the "carrier" for things like updates, their somewhat confusing pricing and general fixes, and their horrible insurance plans left me realizing why I hate putting "them" in charge of my mobile experience. And with this alternative iPhone upgrade program, its another switch I'll be making.

I'm just glad that I won't have to hear the phrase "just pull out and insert your battery back once in a while...that should fix your SIM card issues"

3. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I also agree with this!!! These carriers have us locked into their web and I'm ready to be free of it!!!

I don't know how many times I've had to school AT&T reps about things! Yesterday being another one of those times. AT&T flat out gave me complete misinformation and lies.

Thank you Apple!

4. Benched08 macrumors regular

I dunno, I'm paying much less for my 6S+ with T-Mobile than with the upgrade program, and T-Mobile's is more flexible (more upgrades). $19/mo, add on $8 if you want it to be comparable to having AppleCare and it's still cheaper than the $36 a month for the upgrade program. But for everyone else I can see the value, yes.

5. asharahmed macrumors regular

asharahmed