Thank god it's done!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petemwah, Jul 18, 2009.

1. petemwah macrumors regular

Okay, where to begin!

I have been having troubles with my new iPhone, not only have I had poor battery life and poor wi-fi (maybe software issues, we'll see) but also had dust under the screen and a loose home button...

SO I went into my local O2 store in Oxford to get it replaced. I have been ringing them CONSTANTLY for the past 3 weeks to no avail. as they never answer their phones.

So today I went in and said I would like a replacement as I wasn't happy with what had happened to my NEW iPhone 3G S. They said as I bought it on launch day that it was out of the 28 day grace period. Luckily at this point their phone started ringing, so I mentioned that I had tried to ring on a number of occasions and, as they could see now, the phone DOES NOT ever get answered.

At this point he went to speak to his supervisor and said to me he would come down shortly.

Move on now to half an hour later. During this time, another O2 employee has had the cheek to come up to me to ask to show my iPhone to a prospective iPhone customer, so they could see the white one. I wouldn't normally mind at all, but the fact that they were being so unhelpful at this point got me a bit pissed off.

The chap who was dealing with my enquiry now comes down and says the guy still hasn't come down but there's NO WAY that I'll get a replacement, and that I'll have to send it away. Ok, I know I could go to an Apple store, but the nearest one is 90 minutes away, too far as I work 6 days a week and can't get a genius bar appt. on a Sunday/don't really want to waste my one day off chasing after a new iPhone.

So I get a bit fed up here and say there is no way that it is fair, considering they never answer their phones so was unable to confirm that they would replace the iPhone and COULD I PLEASE speak to the supervisor regarding this...

I think at this point the supervisor upstairs must have had quite enough of me as the younger chap who had been serving me, came down and said "32 gig right?!", to which I replied "yes".

He then came out with a brand new 32 gig and proceeded to replace my faulty phone.

At the end of the day, I am happy, got my new iPhone and all's well that ends well, but I am dismayed as to how RUDE and UNHELPFUL the staff can be. I am grateful that they replaced my phone, but I seriously felt uncomfortable in that store. The two women who were serving were actually SCARY and I exchanged glances with TWO different other customers when the woman portrayed their CONSTANT fierce attitude - one of them was PURCHASING a new iPhone 3G S so i think he was prob expecting a bit more customer service...

Anyway, probably not that interesting for most people, but just wanted to share my experience as it has certainly stuck in my mind. Although I am happy in the end, I just feel that O2 need to buck their ideas up if they want to portray themselves as a decent company. This whole experience has put me off O2. If only the iPhone was available on another network...

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

3. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

Kudos for being persistent and standing up to their incompetencies.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I know! Really! That has to be the longest OP I've seen. ;)

5. petemwah thread starter macrumors regular

lol i have no blog unfortunately but wanted to share this with you guys... ;)

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Uh, where are you "hearing" his accent? Am I missing something? :)

The reason for the cookie monster escapes me.

8. petemwah thread starter macrumors regular

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

In response to ^^^^^^^, I can only give this:

so_cute_rabbit-1.jpg

Anyway, OP, I'm glad your experience finally ended well. A long story, but in the end, a good ending.

10. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

this is good to hear. :)
    there are a bunch of people who have similar problems but arent persistent enough.