Thank you 3g

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Acorn, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

Something happened to the cable lines on my street they have been working on it for 2 days now. We have cable just no Internet. Calling them results in the same message we are aware of the situation and working to resolve the problem. Thankfully my iPad has 3G and it saved me. At least now I can get online.

Thank god for 3G. Now I'm not praising it the service is slow but, when you got nothing man its great to have. I think 2 days without Internet and I'd start to twitch.

Definitely getting 3G again on the iPad 2

2. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

*Resists urge to link to "Cool Story Bro" Picture* :D

But yes, the value of the 3G is internet when WiFi/Cable is down.

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Cable went out for me today for a few hours while my brother in law and I were doing some school work. Tethering and Internet sharing saved the day.

4. daleycss macrumors regular

i had the same problem. worker across the street working on another "accidentally" cuts a wrong cord??? yeah way to go.... anyway, we didnt have cable, internet, nuthin for over a week... yeah OOPS:mad:... i really hated that guy... luckily i had my trusty ipad for the week.. kinda used up my 2 GB pretty quickly, whatever by the end of the week i could hook it up to my wifi again. I REALLY hated that Comcast guy.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Power outage b/c of storms here, and 3G on my iPad came to the rescue through about (4) hours of darkness...:cool:

6. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

cool storys guys. yea its great to have during storms as well. to bad for the comcast guy that cut the wrong wire. incompetent fool. way to ruin someones week.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Power outages seem to be the only time that I don't have WiFi, but there's an iPad app that locates free WiFi everywhere I go; 3G is the next best thing, despite the 2GB limitation...

8. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Thank you MiFi-like tethering using a single data plan and a much cheaper iPad...

9. Maaz macrumors 6502a