Thank you all for my new Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macnout, Oct 3, 2009.

1. macnout macrumors newbie

Well it's not like any of you chipped in. ;) But I am very grateful for all the helpful threads and insight those have offered to others which I have been reading from the shadows for months now.

I got the Quad 2.66 all stock except 6 GB of ram.

I am a graphic designer and photographer running CS3 and Lightroom 2 with Leopard. It is indeed quite zippy compared to my old Mac Mini. My Photoshop Benchmark test with 1 History state was about 18 secs. I imagine in another 6 months - a year when I upgrade to CS5, LR3 and SL I should see a significant speed increase which will be nice when processing huge raw files.

Thanks again everyone!

2. Capt. Corduroy macrumors newbie

3. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Congrats! I routinely use Lightroom 2.5 on my Pro and couldn't be happier. Use it in good health!

4. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Congratulations!

I use my 1st gen Mac Pro for Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro.

It's still astounding though it's getting a little behind the times for a Mac.
    MP's are awesomely fast, quiet and reliable.

Just ignore the multitudes of "You FOOL! I could have built a WAY BETTER computer for 1/3rd the price" naysayers out there and you'll be fine.

(btw, no they can't ;) )

Have Fun,
    Keri

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

:)

I finally got started with my Mac Pro (2.66, 8GB, ATi 4870 video) today. Photoshop CS4's start time is slightly faster than the iMac, but overall responsiveness is MUCH faster. Definitely a happy camper here...

I love the 2009 chassis design too. Hopefully Apple will keep it for later versions, and hopefully they'll have a replacement CPU/RAM board if we want to upgrade. Saves money and materials that way...

6. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Quite! Trying to explain even the veneer of Windows' problems to avoid detail they can't begin to comprehend in the first place... or shrug me and others like me off as being jealous of Microsoft's money or whatever the convenient b.s. excuse-o'-the-day is... people are shallow and can't be bothered with details. Just lowest cost. Even if they can't think of long-term costs.