Thank you Apple, for multiple black options and no more grey!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Sep 16, 2016.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2007
    been dying for an all black phone since the slate iphone 5,

it delivered. photos dont do it justice, its perfect! when i saw it on the table while waiting to pick up my preorder, i was so pumped THAT was the model I chose,

Jet black seems like an OCD or anal retentiveness person's worst nightmare, but seems cool, and my opinion is sorta beside the point of this thread- more importantly glad to have not one but two options for the black phone.

sucked that the only black front option was space grey, i think its just bleak on the phone. would even prefer silver+black to that not even half step

on iPad its ok
  2. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

Jan 12, 2014
    Yeah the matte black is definitely sleek af. I've been white/gold for years, but I'm loving the change.
  3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2007
    My SE is gold. It's a saweet combo.
  4. ZipZap macrumors 603

Dec 14, 2007
  5. matrix07 macrumors 601

Jun 24, 2010
    I hope Space Grey is legally banned.
  6. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

Feb 21, 2013
    I dont mine space gray being kept around but I think it would have been more of a constraint than they are already having.

Personally I think my matte black is awesome, I thought from the pictures it was going to just be a darker gray but nope its definitely black, so glad I got it.

The jet black is terrific looking as well, it's a good year to buy a black iphone. Next year if apple does glass again I'll be all of the black iphone too.
  7. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2007
  8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Oct 18, 2011
    Planet iPhone
    Was at the apple store to look at the display model and really love the matte black.