Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I also own a 11 and 12.9 pro from 2018, but there’s something to be said about the mini. Didn’t reach for my 4 as much due to the processor being so much slower than my other iPads, but I can already tell that I will use this speed demon a lot. I got the monthly apple care plus on it so I will be good to go for the next couple of years. Hopefully they decide to make another one. I’m not sure what made apple decide to give us another iPads mini, but I am oh so grateful. Got it in cellular too!!!

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
The iPad mini is a great device. Very compact but packed with power. Glad they put the A12 in it. However I cannot stand the asymmetrical home button and huge top and bottom bezels. Design of first three minis was better.

Reactions: dominiongamma

kristalsoldier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2013
Just went into an Apple store to check out the new mini. I specifically wanted to see what a PDF looked like. It was interesting in the sense that reading on it (which is what I would use it for if I bought it) is not as uncomfortable as I assumed it would be. Could not test an ePub document though. One thing that I did. It notice is that making annotations on the PDF may prove to be a bit of a squeeze (using PDF Expert) given the understandable paucity of space. But I must say....very very tempting. But I also think I will hold off till it comes on sale or is otherwise discounted. Very interesting device though (particularly for me since I have never owned one...given that my go to device has been the 10.5 for the past 2 years or so.).

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I also own a 11 and 12.9 pro from 2018, but there’s something to be said about the mini. Didn’t reach for my 4 as much due to the processor being so much slower than my other iPads, but I can already tell that I will use this speed demon a lot. I got the monthly apple care plus on it so I will be good to go for the next couple of years. Hopefully they decide to make another one. I’m not sure what made apple decide to give us another iPads mini, but I am oh so grateful. Got it in cellular too!!!

Totally agree. I have the 11” ipad pro as my main computing device...but I have always had a soft spot for the ipad mini. It’s the ipad i grab when i am out & about. Just stick it in my cargo pants pocket & go. I am so glad Apple finally decided to update the mini cause my 5 yr old mini was on it’s last breath. Sure, i was kinda hoping the new one would get a redesign & pencil 2 support, but at this point I welcome any update. And who knows if it’ll be another 4 yrs till they update it again...if ever! Yeah, cellular on the mini is a must for me. I am grandfathered in on the original AT&T unlimited data plan for the iPad, so it’s a no brainer. Turns the mini into a super big iPhone!

Last edited:

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I wonder what sales figures will be like. Apple should be selling more iPads with all the new editions it's released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.