Thank you Apple! Smashed iPod replaced.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mediaboy, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mediaboy macrumors member

My 2 1/2 year old dropped a 3 week old iPod Touch and smash.

I knew that I needed to take it Apple, and did the research and found out that the repair price is $149.

We both knew that it wasnt under warranty. I didn't even bother asking, but he looked at my account, noticed the age of the iPod and decided to exchange it for free.

I guess it helps that I have bought 6 phones (Upgrades) and 3 computers from them.

Either way, I am grateful and surprised. Just when you think that all companies are black and white about warranties.

Now when the hell is Otterbox going to come out with a case for this thing? :)

2. b00ya macrumors member

That's not very fair. I have had real problems that werent my fault that they wouldnt take care of for free.. your phone gets smashed on the ground, the 1 thing that shouldnt be covered, and they replace it.

Weak.

Lucky you though!

3. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

iPod touch actually. Life isn't fair as I'm sure you know.

4. b00ya, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

b00ya macrumors member

I dunno why I said phone.

Yeah life can be unfair, but you would think they would stick to their warrantys, not pick and choose who should get replacements when I actually needed one and his just got smashed on the floor. I have spent thousands at Apple in the last 6 months.

Just a silly way of dealing with your loyal customers. Good to know though.

5. mediaboy thread starter macrumors member

Fair? Probably not. But it's nice to be on the receiving end of some good luck for once.

After talking with some of the sales guys, while waiting for the Genius Reservation, it seems at the discretion of the employee.

Either way, I'm a happy camper.