Thank you apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ROADDOG01, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ROADDOG01 macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

I went to the apple store today to have them look at my iphone because my home button was not always working. Of course it was working fine when I went to apple but they replaced it with a new phone with no problems. I do have a question I had 4.3.4 on my other phone this is 4.3.3 I am happy about that because I can jailbreak again. So can I go to itunes and set it up as new or as back up if I do back up will it install 4.3.4 on there and if I do as new will it keep 4.3.3 and will all my contacts still go on my phone thanks in advance for the help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It will pop up a window asking you if you want to update to the latest 4.3.5 click no and check the box dont ask me again.
    Restoring from backup wont upgrade your firmware version. It will just restore back your settings, contacts, texts, email account etc..

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

You should be fine restoring from your backup. Just refuse the update when it prompts you.

If you do set up as new, all photos from your camera roll and text messages will be lost but contacts will sync over from whatever computer-side address book you use.

4. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks very much for the quick reply

5. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks for the reply. Going to try it out now. I just do not want the update. I did a restore and I was jailbroken I guess I messed up last time because it did install 4.3.4 I want to re jailbreak so I am glad it came with 4.3.3.

Thanks again

John

6. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you can't use a backup from a higher firmware to use it on a lower firmware, so you may struggle to be able to restore from backup on 4.3.3, and by struggle I mean find it impossible.. but by all means give it a try, who knows?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I think you are right.
    I dont like the way Apple blocked the ability to use your backup from higher version firmware to a device running an older version.
    OP give it a shot, if it dont let you then you're stuck restoring as new and JB or going up to 4.3.5 and stay stock but use your backup.
    Your choice.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

That is most certainly the case.

Example: You won't be able to restore from your 4.3.3 backup once you downgrade to 4.2.1.