Thank you Apple...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by agaskew, May 7, 2015.

1. agaskew macrumors 6502

...for rendering my iPad totally useless.

I resisted iOS 8 for a long time, but finally decided to drop it on to my 3rd Gen iPad.

What the ***? Its utterly, completely, ballachingly Useless! Slow, slow, slow. Animations are a joke, Safari cant show a web site for its life, Onenote is unusable. Show running apps via duble click? Go and make a coffee while you wait.

And yes, I did do a clean wipe and install from scratch. I did not restore from a backup.

So, its wiped again, switched off and consigned to the "drawer full of old crap I'll never use again."

Thanks Apple. You bunch of crooks.

2. Rodster, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015

Rodster macrumors 68040

Well, it's your fault. You should have resisted longer. While Apple should never have included the iPad 3 for iOS 8 support, you chose to upgrade. Now you maybe saying, BS and that's harsh.

Well I also have an iPad 3 and it's still happily running iOS 5.1.1 as I knew what a total cluster**** iOS 7 was thanks to Jony Ive.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I am running iOS 8.3 on my iPad 2 and, although it can be occasionally slow, it is far from useless.

4. agaskew thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the iPad3 is actually worse than other iPad2s in the house, on iOS8.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

They are. The iPad 2 is better than the 3 in every way except for the screen but that screen is what kills the iPad 3 since it doesn't have enough power to run it properly. Plenty of slow and almost useless iPad 3s put there, unfortunately.

6. username: macrumors 6502a

That sucks. It probably is little consolation, but you can if you want downgrade to iOS 6 or 7:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/02/16/how-to-downgrade-ipad-2-to-ios-6-2015/

http://www.macworld.com/article/2687162/how-to-downgrade.html

7. WeatherMate macrumors member