Thank you Apple!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fud122, Dec 18, 2008.

1. fud122 macrumors member

So my early 2008 MBP mashed up for no particular reason. It wouldn't power on at all so I sent it to my sister to take it to the Apple Store to be fixed and the guy there just decided to give me a brand new high end MBP (new model), an extra battery and the extended Apple Care warranty all at no charge. I had told them that I had a lot of work to do and couldn't be without a computer for long! Thank you Apple for such great service/support!

To anyone thinking about getting a Mac, well their after service was first class!

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

3. DYER macrumors 6502

that is a deffinite **WIN**
    well done nice to see you got awesome service...

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You said it, mate!! :eek:

Got some pics pf her? :p

5. Slowstick macrumors 6502

A MBP, extra battery, AND AppleCare. You are so freakin lucky!!!

6. 156457 macrumors 6502

For some reason this seems to be too good to be true and I'm sorry but I don't really believe why they would just randomly give you a brand new MacBook, new battery and Applecare for no reason whatsoever without even proper inspection at the repair depot of your old MacBook.

7. Shownarou macrumors regular

Because they were obviously trying to get into good graces with his sister. :D

Nice luck there!

8. fud122 thread starter macrumors member

I know its too good to be true and I don't know why they did that. They did inspect the laptop and ordered a part for it and tried it but it still wouldn't work. I doubt it is my sister's looks either (she is obese) though she's good at arguing and getting what she wants.

9. mac.by.jake macrumors member

Great deal - makes it worth the wait and headache.

10. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I sent in my wife one time with my previous MBP, and she came back with a brand new MBP also. I definitely don't get that kind of service. I have to beg, plead, get on my knees and they still turn me down for everything. I get like the worst support ever. I didn't tell my wife to flirt with the guy, but I will be darn sure to send her in the next time (even though we're going through a divorce - maybe that's who she left me for). Hell, I like my new MB more than my wife anyways.

Happy Holidays.