Thank you everyone!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnnyrz06, Mar 6, 2010.

1. johnnyrz06 macrumors newbie

I have been reading the boards for a while and never posted being a PC user with a ipod touch. After reading so many things for the last few months about how great macs were I decided to buy a 15" MBP 2.8g, and Apple TV because I have a big Itunes Library. I hooked up the Mbp to my 50" Panasonic Kuro with a HDMI switcher and bought the wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse and hooked up the apple tv to my tv with component cables and optical audio. I Then hooked up the MBP to a Bose Companion 5 for computer sound. I am loving this setup and I want to thank everyone with helping me figure out what to purchase and how to hook it up you are a good bunch of guys. I cannot wait for the Ipad:) I do have one question though I cannot see the task bar on the top of the TV I can press the hidden buttons but they are off screen I tried a few things any ideas? Thank you again.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congratulations on your switch and welcome to the Forums!
    Sounds like you have a great setup

I don't have an answer to your question, but I suggest you either change the title of this thread to reflect your question, or start a new thread with the question reflected in the title. You are much more likely to get someone knowledgeable about the issue to respond.

Maybe check out this guide to make sure you maximize your chances of getting help

Congrats again and welcome!

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Congrats also!

Not sure what you mean by a task bar on top of your TV.... You only get the main menu window when you press the Menu button, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. You may want to check the Apple TV forum.

4. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

5. johnnyrz06 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I am talking about the grey menu option on the top of monitor. I figured a way to do it on the TV Having a 50" monitor is sick I am loving Apple right now thanks for all your help.

6. Moocher macrumors regular

The reason you can't see the menu bar is because your TV is using overscan. Either turn it off, and I don't know how with your tv, or try changing the resolution setting on the computer. Typically, its recommended that you set your tv to 1:1 mapping, which turns off overscanning. On my tv I can't do that so I adjusted the resolution on my connected mini. Look at your tv manual.

Mooch