Thank you for AppShopper

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ardchoille50, May 29, 2016.

1. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I just wanted to say "Thank you!" for AppShopper. I'm not sure who maintains it, but I use it quite a bit to keep updated on some things. It's a very nice tool and I highly recommend it.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. A bit long in the tooth, but still viable. I also keep it on my home screen.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

AppShopper is great. I have it pinned next to MR in Safari. I particularly like the search options that let you choose the category and by recently updated. I wish the certain changes selection was on the desktop version too though. I use that a lot.

4. 2457244 macrumors regular

Why is the AppShopper site a trash for about a week now?

It started a few days ago when out of the blue it lost all Mac data. Then they where re-adding the last few days that got lost and now we haven't seen any change for more than 48 hours.

the numbers of all apps don't add up. 686 all Mac apps?

Is this because apple is redesigning the App Store?

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

6. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

7. smacrumon Suspended

smacrumon

I'm not familiar with it. What does it do? The benefits? Is it a replacement for the App Store? Is this jailbreak territory?

8. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

It is a website that lets you track iOS and OS X apps - including price changes, news, updates, etc. - and can notify user via email if they desire. It does a lot more than the App Store. The AppShopper Social app lets you share your app interests with your friends, see what apps your friends are interested in, as well as keeping you up to date on the newest App Store apps, sales and freebies. The website and app are both free.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's an app that you add your apps and wish list apps to. It tracks updates and price drops for you.

10. smacrumon Suspended

smacrumon

Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.