Thank you forum posters!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cowsrus, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cowsrus macrumors 6502

I am waiting for the white iPhone 4 and I thought waiting a month would be somewhat terrible to endure, but thanks to everyone posting I'm feeling great!

Ever since people had the ability to preorder I was getting jealous that all I could read about was how close it was to June 24th, or how excited you were to track you phone, but now that that hype is dying down, the jealousy is gone

All I can read about now is problem after problem after problem people are having, and how it is taking away from the magic that is a brand new phone. The best part is, all these problems are likely to be fixed by the second half of July or by getting to play with my phone before I buy it!

Screen discoloration - I will check out my screen before I purchase anything
    Service lost when held in hand - Either its a software/visually seeing the bars problem, which Apple will make a fix for, or a manufacturing defect that will most likely be fixed by the time the white one is rolled out
    Facetime not working - I'm relying on Apple to fix this in the near future, along with the service bug
    Fed Ex f***ing up your delivery - not a problem when buying in-store
    Any other problems I read about are just icing on the cake!

I'm feeling like this is the best decision I could have made, anybody else feeling better about waiting?

2. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

Aw, I'm sorry little boy! Hate yourself on another thread please!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, that's what we needed. Another blog post disguised as a thread. :rolleyes:

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s always best to wait after a release to get the iPhone until all the kinks get worked out and you know what problems to look for beforehand.

5. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Whatever helps you sleep at night man. As for me I am happy I didn't wait, as I could not deal with the stupid Moto phone any longer (After selling my iPhone 1.5 months ago).

As for all of the supposed problems, I have seen none of these and cant even duplicate the reception issues.

6. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

Vocal minority.

7. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

you're right, we needed more meaningless posts or 4 threads on the same topic

was my original justification for not preordering

I realize the people with problems are a minority, but it still makes me feel a lot better seeing people getting screwed over while I'm still waiting, I'm a terrible person at heart :D

8. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I'm not hating anything.. I just don't take pleasure in other's having issues with their phones.

9. phrint macrumors 6502

Big time minority after the millions of sales Apple puts up in a few days. Just another forum blowhard who attacks anyone that doesn't agree with him. Trolling maybe?

10. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    No, but enjoy convincing yourself you did the right thing brochacho, it's a free country.

11. Aadhil macrumors regular

You're right; the iPhone iSUCKS!!! :mad:

Atleast it only sucks while I'm stuck at work and the package is at home waiting to be opened :D

12. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't get all pissy at me because your brand new phone wasn't filled with magic and pixie dust!

13. creeman macrumors 6502

No. None of these "problems" will be fixed by then. White iPhones are already in production, already built, and packaged. That means, they will suffer from the same "problems" that all the other phones have, if they truly are hardware defects.

14. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I'm SUPER happy I already have it and have been able to play with it all day =)
    No problems here~
    There are a ton of people who I am sure havent had issues either. People are more inclined to post bad things... and there are the people who don't use the forums~

15. redraidermacman macrumors regular

well, so far, my phone has been filled with magic pixie dust, screen looks great, calls sound great, and no more dropped calls, and its way, way more responsive than the 3g is replaced....its an amazing phone and sucks for all of you people that still have to wait and have problems.....the only bad thing thus far has been that best buy wouldn't sell us a case until tomorrow, oh well.....

16. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

"Wait" ?!?!

That's not even in my vocabulary.

17. utcarsons macrumors regular

I have none of those problems... and I have my phone today. :D

18. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    You mad bro? Go play around with a stress ball or something.

19. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

This probably would've been a thought to keep inside your head, honestly. lol of course everyone's going to laugh and make fun of the thread. It's not cool to feel superior to everyone else. :p

20. maus macrumors regular

Traditionally, how long has it taken Apple to fix issues found in the first batch of phones?

21. Troyte83 macrumors regular

Ok any problems people are having will either be fixed on a software update or regarding the screens apple will just replace them with new ones for free any way. So while we have the iPhone 4 with a few bugs for a little while you will still have your crappy phone so in realty it wasn't that great of a decision, have fun waiting

22. Galvatron macrumors member

Exactly what popped into my head when I read the OP's post.

BTW, to the OP. You forgot to say "nanny-nanny-goatsie" at the end of your stupid post.

23. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

With the problems surrounding the White phone, to even get it releasable, one may say that it is more liable to become defective than the black phone.

I agree with rDowns.. this should be on your wordpress. or some op-ed site.

Blonde Buddhist

24. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

Honestly? I'm hoping most people dont have problems, I dont want to buy a phone that has so many problems but.....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=947667
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=947832
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=947567
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=947585
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=947951
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=947348

soooo much justification
    I like this place being filled with threads that make me feel better, and I'm happy that most of you have no problems because that keeps me convinced that the iPhone 4 is going to be so much of an upgrade from my 3G, just dont make a thread about it :D:D:D