Thank you Genius, Easy Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gadgetdad, Jul 7, 2008.

1. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Well almost. I made an appointment to see a genius at my local Apple store. The glass on my iPhone started a crack right around my home button. It was only about .5 mm but knew it would grow so I thought I would see what if anything they can do. Walked right in, was called right on time and within 2 minutes of checking out the iphone (checking for water damage also) I was told they would exchange it.

The only drawback is they are out of 16 gig iPhones. Hopefully tommorrow or Wednesday I can get one. They gave me a swap invoice so when they call me, I can just walk in and walk out with a new one after they swap sims.

Sure I have to wait, but all in all it was a good experiance.

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Yeah, they're usually pretty good about that. I was in an Apple store when I decided to show them my iPhone when I saw one of them had a free moment. The camera took blurry pictures. I showed him, he compared it to his, agreed that it was rather blurry, and said "Alright, lemmie go get you a new one." And within two minutes, I had a brand-spankin' new 4 gig iPhone :)

3. gadgetdad thread starter macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Curious, do you think the new 2g iPhones coming in today or tommorrow will ship with 2.0? Hm.

4. gadgetdad thread starter macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Just called my Apple store to see if my new iPhone was in. They were alittle confused because first he said, not till friday at 8am. I said no, its a 2g. He said that they may not be getting anymore in. Finally he realized it was a swap, he then told me it hasnt arrived yet.

So I wasnt aware that Apple will no longer be selling the 2g iphones? I just hope that my "swap" will not be preloaded with 2.0 just incase it bans me from jailbreaking.