Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
.. for deliberately and maliciously crippling the iPhone 6 all to increase sales of the 6S

Thank you for..
1) a buggy running version of ios9
2) stuttering animations
3) the removal of smooth scrolling in app and in browser
4) for my keyboard to periodically lock up and completely freeze my system when I do something as 'complicated' as type
5) for deliberately slowing down Touch ID just to emphasise the faster Touch ID if 6S
6) For making apps take a full second to even respond and launch after tapping on an icon, and for making the camera app take 4 seconds to be ready to take a photo, allowing the Kodak moment to long pass.
7) for making my once smooth phone feel like an unstable android device.

Now I can understand why my iPad Air has been crippled (it has a good run of a few years), but my 6 is barely a year old. Now it feels like a piece of junk.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
.. for deliberately and maliciously crippling the iPhone 6 all to increase sales of the 6S

Thank you for..
2) stuttering animations
4) for my keyboard to periodically lock up and completely freeze my system when I do something as 'complicated' as type
5) for deliberately slowing down Touch ID just to emphasise the faster Touch ID if 6S
6) For making apps take a full second to even respond and launch after tapping on an icon, and for making the camera app take 4 seconds to be ready to take a photo, allowing the Kodak moment to long pass.

Now I can understand why my iPad Air has been crippled (it has a good run of a few years), but my 6 is barely a year old. Now it feels like a piece of junk.

is this a joke..? people still believe this.? people think hardware doesnt age.? not like the iphone 6 is "slow/freezing/stuttering/locking up/etc" anyway, unstable android? have u even used an android like gingerbread..?

so many questions..

rtmadden

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Maryland

Thank you for..
2) stuttering animations

How's your iPhone 5 holding up?

Reactions: Armen

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Yeah, and your meant to just swallow it. My gf's HTC One M7 first gen is smoother.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE

Thank you for..
2) stuttering animations

You know, you are totally right.....

About an year ago in the deep bowels of Cupertino, all the big wigs at Apple sat down and decided - " you know what, let's screw this guy 'darthbane2k' over.... Let's release a specific iOS 9 so it completely cripples his 6 so he has no choice but to upgrade to 6s... and 'voila' we can earn billions and billions just screwing this one guy... Most everyone else can enjoy the new iOS, except this guy....

sheesh.....

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
I wish there was a thumbs down button, so people could vote down these dumb threads and make them disappear.

No lag on iPhone 6, not even on 5. There's something wrong with your iOS. Restore, setup as new, try something, because that not how iOS runs for other people.

One thing that I'll give you is iPad Air, it's multitasking animations have low frame rate. Opening multitasking and closing it.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
No lag on iPhone 6, not even on 5. There's something wrong with your iOS. Restore, setup as new, try something, because that not how iOS runs for other people.

Yep, definitely need a thumbs down button. Lol!
I consider myself a 'power user' and I noticed the difference right away after installing ios9. Fed up with people making excuses for Apple. This is definitely intentional.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
So many posts on similar or the same topic.

I must be 'holding' my iPhone 6 Plus wrong ;) as my experience on iOS 9.0.2 is smooth and jank/stutter/lag free.

I was on iOS 8.4.1 and as some have suggested maybe a person has got used to iOS 9 and do not notice the difference. So my works colleague has the same iPhone on this iOS so side by side we checked. We both must be holding it wrong as we both didn't see issues.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Restore > Setup as new. If that doesn't help, go to the Apple Store.

My iPhone doesn't lag, like for tens of millions other users that don't even know about this forum. You don't see them, all you see is topics with people having problems, which is fine given the nature of this forum. Stop blowing things out of proportion.

SmplyRckless

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2015
I have two bugs, other than that it's fairly smoother than iOS 8. I suggest restoring your phone to see if that helps

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Can the mods create an Apple hate section and make sure it doesn't appear on the spy section? sick to death of these..

don't like the software or Apple go android simple
Would you kindly be more reasonable? I don't hate apple, I am an apple enthusiast. I love apple product, I have no desire to 'go android', but a spade is a spade and the simple fact is hat my iPhone 6 was a lot smoother and more reliable prior to ios9, and I do believe apple deliberately cripple hardware performance. For some reason this has happened prematurely with the 6.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Would you kindly be more reasonable? I don't hate apple, I am an apple enthusiast. I love apple product, I have no desire to 'go android', but a spade is a spade and the simple fact is hat my iPhone 6 was a lot smoother and more reliable prior to ios9, and I do believe apple deliberately cripple hardware performance. For some reason this has happened prematurely with the 6.

Me be more reasonable, you're complaining about the software one member gave some advise and that was your response below..

Restore > Setup as new. If that doesn't help, go to the Apple Store.

Well that's quite 'android solution' you've offered there..

typicaluser

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
is this a joke..? people still believe this.? people think hardware doesnt age.? not like the iphone 6 is "slow/freezing/stuttering/locking up/etc" anyway, unstable android? have u even used an android like gingerbread..?

so many questions..

Welcome to iOS land. I bet you haven't even used devices with iOS 6 and earlier.

Reactions: Act3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.