Thank you Tim Cook & Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by captrlp, Sep 16, 2016.

1. captrlp macrumors newbie

Backstory...I commenced with my standard launch day routine and awoke 10 minutes prior to online ordering. I had the typical 3 devices running, trying to access the online store or through the app. Got into the ordering at 12:01, but 7+ Black, 128 was out, to include every other size of 7+ Black. As an IUP customer, I was mad...like thousands of others.
    Email to Mr. Cook, phone call within 24hrs from the Executive Team, another phone call 24 hours later, stating my iPhone 7 would be available for store pickup. Reminded them that I didn't want an iPhone 7...sorry, we'll continue working on it.
    We're now to Thursday, still no follow-up phone call. Received an email late Thursday evening that an iPhone 7+, Black 128 is reserved for in-store pickup today...GREAT!!
    Normal morning routine in progress...get another email "Your iPhone 7+ will be available for pickup before Sept. 26th....WTF?
    Take my chances and head to the Apple Store. Of course, long lines. Locate a manager, show him my original email. He was extremely polite and prompt. He walks me to the front of the line. Store opens 30 minutes later. Manager walks me directly to an employee. Employee introduces himself, leaves for a few minutes and comes back with a box, labeled with my name.....I leave the store 20 minutes later with my iPhone 7+ Black 128!!!!!!
    Yes, the IUP was a disaster this year, but I got lucky with the original email to Tim Cook and back-end follow through from Apple.

2. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

I thought this was gonna be a sarcastic complaint letter :) glad it worked out for you

3. Gr81MB macrumors 6502

Gr81MB

4. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

wow- went right to the top

5. joeptp macrumors member

Awesome story. Glad it worked out for you. Wonder how many people are going to spam Tim Cook when they don't get their iPhone 8 Pro on launch.

6. dasing123 macrumors member

Actually surprised one can email Tim Cook. Glad it worked out for you though! Enjoy while the rest of us wait, haha.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

8. iRichMac macrumors newbie

I don't have the IUP but pay a **** ton of money to Apple as well. Glad you got your phone, but my pre-order story is long and made me upset. No one at Apple gives two ***** about my story though. I may email Tim Cook though, not like it would help me any because instead of a Jet Black I have a Black iPhone 7 Plus coming in 1-2 weeks.

9. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

At least when Apple (or Amazon) F'up, they make it better, and give you a little something for your trouble. ATT in my experience, deny, deny, deny, blame Apple, say they are terribly sorry but do nothing to fix the issue. They just aren't good at this.