Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Lol, even with the people buying 8's, that X is going to be sold out within seconds and you'll be waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery and probably months to find anyone with them in stock for more than 5 minutes locally.

Reactions: AppleZombie

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
Why so snarky people? Why can’t people just buy the phone that works for them without being critical?

I am assuming that some think those of us who bought 8's are dumb for not waiting for the X. I guess we are not the cool tech gadget geeks.

Basically the X prospective buyers are treating 8 owners how Samsung/Android owners treat iPhone owners...lol..

ForumChick

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2017
USA
I am assuming that some think those of us who bought 8's are dumb for not waiting for the X. I guess we are not the cool tech gadget geeks.

Basically the X prospective buyers are treating 8 owners how Samsung/Android owners treat iPhone owners...lol..
Those waiting for the x will have a long wait. Good luck getting your phone in 2018!

SamwellG

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
No, thank you for not wanting one. You X will not be available at 12:01 on release day, so I hope you are pretty quick at ordering.

I am. Thanks for your concern
[doublepost=1506180370][/doublepost]

Not entirely. Just leaves stock for me. Plus I can’t fathom why someone would spend so much on last years model/design/everything

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Pretty sure there will be some that got the 8 will also be getting the iPhone X.

Yep, you will have many of the unscrupulous individuals that will all of the sudden be unhappy with the 8 and order the X when it comes out as I think it is in the return period.

Get ready for lots of posts like "The 8 just isn't doing it for me, should I exchange for the X"?

Apple did it to themselves, lots of free rentals for people that just have to have a new device every Sept.

alleggerita

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Singapore
Yep, you will have many of the unscrupulous individuals that will all of the sudden be unhappy with the 8 and order the X when it comes out as I think it is in the return period.

Get ready for lots of posts like "The 8 just isn't doing it for me, should I exchange for the X"?

Apple did it to themselves, lots of free rentals for people that just have to have a new device every Sept.

Good point there. I’m sure there’s gonna be a truckload of these people returning their 8 for a X.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
What are you talking about? I bought an 8 yesterday and I’ll buy an X on Nov 3. What do you think I am, some kind of hobo that can’t afford a phone?

Reactions: Droidbricker

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I am. Thanks for your concern
[doublepost=1506180370][/doublepost]

Not entirely. Just leaves stock for me. Plus I can’t fathom why someone would spend so much on last years model/design/everything

Probably because they're buying more than just the design. They're buying all the internals, specs, and features, which happen to be almost the same as the X. People who bash the 8/8+ but can't wait to get the X can't seem to get past, "but it looks like the 6/6s/7!" The 8+ in particular can do almost everything that the X can, and even has some advantages. People are too fixated on making sure that everyone knows their phone is current.

I'm surprised that people bought, and are still buying, the SE. I mean it looks like (gasp) a phone from 2013!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.