Thank you to the forum...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cmu93, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Cmu93 macrumors member

Just wanted to say 'thanks' for all the help you guys provided. I never posted much, but I read and read for months, and all the information I needed, I was able to find. And with that...

I bought a Macbook Pro last night from the Apple Store. I still wasn't sure if I wanted a Macbook or a Pro, but after the Keynote, I knew one of them was going home with me. I looked at the Macbook again and thought, "that's fine"... then I spend 2 minutes with the Pro and that was it... I had to go with the 15.4 Pro. I've had it less then 24 hours, so my opinion may not be that major, but I LOVE it. No yellow-tint, no bad pixels, no scratches, the cover sits flush. I made a 7 minute movie in iMovie 08', exported it to 4 different sizes and left it running for hours on end, and it never even got warm... also, the wireless is excellent, my router is in the basement of my house and I was on the 3rd floor with no issues at all!

I'm VERY happy with this laptop. I waited long enough... to even consider waiting a few months for a possible upgrade, was too much for me. I'll never use this to it's full power as it is. I'm a Windows IT Admin (10 years)... this is just for fun and learning... and boy, so far, I'm having fun.

Tom

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Welcome,i spend all day with windows IT also and cant wait to get home and use a proper OS

3. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Welcome to the club Tom.. I've got a MBP too and love it..

I'm also in IT - I've said it to people for years: I fix Windows PC's and I use Macs.

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

hehe enjoy!

I'm also a Windows admin, but I use Macs for 99% of the time (both for work - RDC works fine on the Mac ;-) - and for home use).

Welcome to the fold =]

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

6. Cmu93 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone! So many other IT guys in here, slaving away like me :)

Let me ask your opinion... personally, do any of you have experience with Parallels or VM Fusion? I think the price is the exact same, last time I looked... and for just general work, and no boot camp... can you recommend one over the other for any reason? I'm picking one up this weekend, just really don't have a preference right now.

T.