Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Right guys, over the near future you will see some shots from me - yet to be created.

However, I am posting now to thank someone who has made it possible. Someone contacted me from here a little over a week ago and has made a photographic dream come true for me.

I will not name them, they know who they are but I will say in public forum that they have completely and utterly blown me away with a loan of such magnitude that I am struggling for words. It is just unbelievable to be on the receiving end of such generosity and to be recognised for being a contributor and of value to this forum.

Words are failing me right now and I cannot thank this person enough. You know words just aint cutting it right now.

So I will aim to prove myself to be a worthy recipient and I will do my utmost to deliver and make sure they know their actions are very much appreciated, not just at the face level but at my core. This never happens to me. So I will not waste a second of it I promise.

I shall say no more on the topic unless they approve so for now...

Thank you very, very, much.

Ken.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
If someone has loaned you their Leica Ken I'm going to be so jealous :) Whatever it is I'm looking forward to what you produce with it. This is what happens when you are a consistently nice bloke - nice things happen to you. Couldn't happen to a more decent bloke. I love the people on this forum, it continually proves to be a warm and nurturing place. Love it!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
You guys crack me up! you are all hilarious.

Thanks for some very humbling comments. I dont mean to be a consistently nice bloke... but I am glad I come across that way... and for the record... I am not the only one on here...

I am looking forward to showing off my lack of skills on another new tool... watch a space near here soon... (that sounded rubbish but you know what mean)

Right, I am unfortunately burying my mum tomorrow. So it is time to get the head down and try for some sleep. I bid you good evening/afternoon.

Cheers,

K.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
How dare you take credit! It was me! I couldn't bare the torture of seeing Kenoh's products anymore ...

Somebody had to take action.

:)

Unfortunately talent and skill are not easily shipped out via FedEx... so I have to work on those myself.... one day hopefully I will have them in abundance... until then, oblomow, you are stuck with the torture... :)

Reactions: oblomow

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
How dare you take credit! It was me! I couldn't bare the torture of seeing Kenoh's products anymore ...
Unfortunately talent and skill are not easily shipped out via FedEx... so I have to work on those myself.... one day hopefully I will have them in abundance... until then, oblomow, you are stuck with the torture... :)

And I love to be tortured by the people of this forum.
Best of luck/strength ( or what the proper phrase is ) tomorrow.

Reactions: kenoh

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Right, I am unfortunately burying my mum tomorrow. So it is time to get the head down and try for some sleep. I bid you good evening/afternoon.

Cheers,

K.

I had intended to post a cheeky comment in reply to your first post until I read this. Instead, I'll simply express my condolences Ken and offer best wishes to get through the day tomorrow and hope that wonderful memories of your mum will be occupying your thoughts.

~ Peter

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I had intended to post a cheeky comment in reply to your first post until I read this. Instead, I'll simply express my condolences Ken and offer best wishes to get through the day tomorrow and hope that wonderful memories of your mum will be occupying your thoughts.

~ Peter

Peter, Cheeky comments from you are always appreciated.

Thank you
Ken.

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
You guys crack me up! you are all hilarious.

Thanks for some very humbling comments. I dont mean to be a consistently nice bloke... but I am glad I come across that way... and for the record... I am not the only one on here...

I am looking forward to showing off my lack of skills on another new tool... watch a space near here soon... (that sounded rubbish but you know what mean)

Cheers,

K.
Sorry for your loss Kenoh, hope everything goes well.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Good luck for today... I've been there with my folks and found it very difficult.

Looking forward to more shots with new bright and shiny thing!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Sorry to hear of your loss Ken. Stay strong fella and I hope today goes well. Will be thinking of you.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
You make it sound very exciting and mystifying! I look forward to seeing what transpires.

Sorry to hear about your Mum Ken. I'll be thinking of you today. Hope it all goes as well as can be expected and see you back soon.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Congrats kenoh and can't wait to see what you've got going. Sorry to hear about your Mom. Best wishes.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Guys. Thank you. Today went well as could be expected. Lovely service, everyone did me proud, few humbling moments where un-expected people showed to pay their respects. Now for a 3 hour drive home to my precious daughters.

I will post soon with some pictures from the shiny thing.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Guys. Thank you. Today went well as could be expected. Lovely service, everyone did me proud, few humbling moments where un-expected people showed to pay their respects. Now for a 3 hour drive home to my precious daughters.

I'm glad it all went well mate. Remember her fondly.

Looking forward to shiny thing pics :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Glad it went OK. Hope the drive goes ok. Friday night traffic is a nightmare.
And you have that trip coming up to look forward to as well. Hopefully will allow you sometime to grieve as well as distract yourself from the day to day stuff.

Is it one of these?
images

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Friday night traffic is a nightmare.

Jeez tell me about it! I drove back from the Lake District to Luton today and it took me six and a half hours. I felt like harming myself towards the end. Bloody M6 is horrific. As I'm sure you know, you live near the bugger.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Jeez tell me about it! I drove back from the Lake District to Luton today and it took me six and a half hours. I felt like harming myself towards the end. Bloody M6 is horrific. As I'm sure you know, you live near the bugger.
Bane of my life.
Mind you when I lived down south the M25 isn't much better!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Bane of my life.
Mind you when I lived down south the M25 isn't much better!

Nope, that's also a nightmare. As is the M1 down my way, which also added it's own little bit of joy into the journey today. I said to Mrs MacRy around hour four that it's a shame we couldn't include the M25 in our journey, just to complete the evil trifecta.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Nope, that's also a nightmare. As is the M1 down my way, which also added it's own little bit of joy into the journey today. I said to Mrs MacRy around hour four that it's a shame we couldn't include the M25 in our journey, just to complete the evil trifecta.
Yes but at least you had a nice break!

Reactions: MacRy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.