Thanks Apple I got Hosed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wicked1, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Just bought a new Unibody 13.3 MacBook 2.4 with 2 GB adn 250 HDD, but it is over the 14 days, in fact it is a month so now not only do they drop in price, but their are better specs, I just wish they would increase the Cache to 4 MB or 6MB instead of 3MB on the 13.3".:rolleyes:

Now I think I will depress myself and get a new 15.4" with the 2.8 CPU :D

Better Specs and Lower Prices, now they will be blow away any new Windows Laptops, specs are much better, more stable OS and OSX Snow only $29.00 let's see Microsoft offer Windows 7 for $29.00 :eek:

And the Best is I am giving the Wifey my MacBook so $ is not wasted and she is happy because I was going to get her a White MB, but now she gets a better one and we toss her HP Laptop, and I get a better MBP...YAY everyone is a winner today

2. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I fully expected to come in here and complain that my 2006 mbp was severely overprice relative today's prices (obviously to be sarcastic) but it turns out that you don't REALLY seem to be complaining.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i feel for you bro. you guys definitely did get shafted the most by far. if nothing else just the fact that it has FW800 and oh yea…it's cheaper now. not cool at all.

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

It is annoying that Apple already refreshed the Unibody line, further than just processor bumps. I'm itching to upgrade to the latest MBP. The SD slot and battery life make me happy.

I don't feel hosed though.

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

The 100MHz clock speed increase will be completely unnoticeable in day to day use. Even benchmarks will struggle to demonstrate a difference.

They didn't lower the price of the 15" MacBook Pro at all - they just introduced an inferior version at a lower price. If you want a MacBook Pro it's going to cost you US$1999 - the others are not "Pro" machines.

You do realise Apple gets its processors from Intel, who also supply the EXACT SAME chips to many other computer manufacturers, right?

As for the GPUs, Apple was behind the curve when it launched the Unibody machines back in 2008. They're using the same chips in them in this latest revision, so you can just imagine how inferior the performance will be compared to other laptops.

You've used Snow Leopard then and can attest to it being more stable than Windows 7? I've used Windows 7 extensively over the past few weeks and have not had a single program crash.

6. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

You must be new to technology.

What do you expect? You want them to only update specs every few years then warn people 6 months in advanced of an update so that during those 6 months they sell no units?

7. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*