Thanks Apple!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macenforcer, Aug 15, 2007.

1. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

You know ever since I got my first mac, a power mac 7200 I have been ecstatic over the mac. The Mac Pro I have today, an 8-core with 8gb ram is by far and above the best machine I could have ever dreamed of and OS X makes it 10K times better. Using OS X has been so easy and fun its amazing that windows is still around, especially when microsoft is spuing out trash like Vista. To think that a better version of os x is a few months away is so cool.

There is alot of griping that goes on here in a regular basis and I understand the complaints but take a minute to step back for a moment and consider the world without apple. We would probably still be back in DOS. The inovation that apple has created has propelled us into the future and its awesome. Never could I have ever imagined the stuff I am doing with my mac. Videos and pictures and movies and programs that I kick out weekly with my Mac are astounding, all thanks to apple.

Now we can run any OS on our macs when we have to (windows) to run work programs. I don't ever see a need to buy a regular PC ever again. Todays macs pack the best of both worlds period.

That may have sounded lame but I was just thinking about how awesome my computer is and thought I would share. LOL.

Thanks Apple.

2. newportmac macrumors member

Buddy.. put the cup of coolaid down, take two asprin and go to bed.... lets put things in prespective shall we... You spent over $6,000 on the box of yours.. you're dman right it better work better than a windows box.. you could have bought 10 window machines for the cost of one of yours.. oh.. before you give Steve your first born..,. thave you tried iMovie 08? You might have a change of heart on your "all is wonderful" outlook....

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

iMovie '08 isn't that bad, actually. But iMovie '06 is definitely better.

Anyway, yeah, Macs are awesome. :cool:

4. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

First things first...

iMovie 08 - yeah its different. If you want to see all the features in imovie 06, use imovie 06. I just look at imovie 08 as an app that i'll use when I want to "throw something together". All people seem to ever talk about on this forum is how bad it is blah blah blah. I haven't played with it yet, but all I can say is change is good.

Second, why did you rip someone apart when all they are trying to say is how impressed they are with there computer. How friendly. Did you have a bad day at work or something, geez. I'll admit that macenforcer has been overly expressive on the whole upgrade issue, but he didn't even mention that in this article and yet he still finds opposition.

Apple computers are the best they've been ever. Let the man have his moment of realization on this.

5. Toknee macrumors member

Having just recently moved camps from the PC side, I have to agree that my Mac Pro is awesome.

Sure I could have bought more PC's for the price of the Mac Pro, but alas, no OSX.

My small little company builds Server 2003 machines, CAD workstations, custom tailored desktops, so I have quite a bit of exposure to the PC side of things. The hardware is cheaper, get better gaming performance, better choice of certain types of hardware, but for me, no OSX.

A few of clients are also switching away from the PC side. They like the aesthetics of tha iMac, and MacBook Pro. Some are even doing a complete conversion over to Xserves, and booting Windows.

I work on computers (windows, UNIX, AIX) all day long. It's nice to come home to an OS that's different from what I work on. I actually enjoy using my MacPro and MacBook Pro, that I no longer have a PC hooked up in the house. If I ever want to use Windows, I just boot Parralels or Boot Camp.

So macenforcer, I hear you buddy.

6. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I agree...I've been a diehard Windows user forever now, and now it feels good to be universal.

One thing I dislike about Apple is how closed their computers are, though...but that's not a bad thing.

The #1 reason that pushed me to buy an Apple instead of a custom 8 Core PC was because of aesthetics (as someone mentioned), the operating system, and of course the price was going to be the same as building one, so....and of course Apple's Intel move, which lets me use Windows XP (Later on Vista) via Bootcamp. I am successfully using a PCIe card DESIGNED for Windows only under Windows XP via Bootcamp with zero problems. They just need to iron out Bootcamp and it will all be well.

7. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I have a G4 that is running tiger, compared to Windows I think this would be like Windows 2000?! but anywhoo I am amazingly surprised at how well this machine works!! and I am running major apps (Adobe CS) I have used the G4 at school and never had a problem.
    I never did like the Win OS even though I have used it and use it here at work......uh oh I think I just incriminated my self :(
    Anywhooo, I plan to upgrade my system big time but never will I dirty my hands with a PC....well unless its work :(
    Enjoy the Mac!!!

:apple: