Thanks ATT/Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by motoracer1486, Aug 31, 2008.

1. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Was calling 911 about a DUI driver swerving all over the road, and yep, got the 'call failed' mid call. Hope that driver didn't kill someone further down the road... :mad:

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

How do you know they were drunk? They could just be a crappy driver. Did you see them take a drink narc? And what does apple have to do with it? Apple doesnt provide cell service. You never dropped calls on other phones? Everyone thinks that the iphone is a miracle phone and they should get every call and never drop one. I got news for ya its not the only phone that drops calls.

3. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

A driver bad enough to swerve all over the road should be of just as much interest to the cops as a drunk driver. Atleast some drunk drivers dont swerve all over the road unlock this horrible ass driver.

4. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Did you call back?

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Don't blame Apple for most of this...

ATT has their end of the bargain to hold up and it's usually the biggest part.

6. moxwell macrumors newbie

they were probably just texting on their iphone, it does require two hands. Can't tell you how many times I've seen people going all over the road only to pass them and see them texting with two hands, knees holding the steering wheel, on an iphone no less.

7. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

well...

It's actually pretty unsafe to use a cell phone in a car, too. You, while looking at the driver and distracted by dialing your phone, could have had an accident.

just sayin'...

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I don't know about you but I can type on my iPhone with one hand just fine. In fact, Apple tells you to start that way...

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

And it's also unsafe to talk to the person next to you in the. Face it, if you're doing anything BUT paying attention to the road with both hands on the wheel it's dangerous. Hell, you're putting your life at risk whenever you get in a car.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Again, as in the other thread, anyone that uses this forum should know that for now a 3G call is a roll of the dice. If you need your phone for a critical situation, turn off 3G.

And yes, report every dangerous driver. It may be a medical condition and you might save their life.

11. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

agreed

my cell phone reception ( bars) go up when i turn off 3g... so weird

12. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

This guy is a great driver while texting :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAw0e-uD4s

13. teatime99 macrumors newbie

I've had a 911 call dropped with Verizon twice... I don't think ATT and Apple are plotting to ruin our lives, but rather it's a mixture of unfortunate circumstances and bad luck.

14. todd11231 macrumors newbie

Did you call back? If not don't forget to blame yourself too.