Carrier Thanks for screwing single line customers out of the preorder, Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puma1552, Sep 12, 2014.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Got all excited to get two single line plans from Verizon as new customers for my wife and I with the limited promotion 2 GB unlimited talk/text plan. Knew prior to now that that plan was not available through Apple, and only through Verizon - had seen it on Verizon's site for the 5S when I was practicing my preorder regimen. So I was all set to go on Verizon's site.

Preorders open, selecting the device goes smoothly - had two browsers open doing them simultaneously for both mine and my wife's.

Get to the plans, where the **** is the 2GB $60 plan? Effing nowhere to be found.

So why should I give a carrier my money if they won't even make available to me their own products? So now here I am 2:30, can't get onto Apple's site to even double check that this plan isn't available on their site, and Verizon has left me - and other new single line plan people - pissing into the wind.

I've seen people talking about getting the share everything plan and then calling Verizon tomorrow to change it to the correct single line plan, but why? If I can't even make a preorder purchase smoothly, why on earth should I think it won't be a cluster to try and get through on the phone to change a plan to the plan that should've been on the website available to purchase in the first place?

Maybe I'm just going to take a step back and reevaluate getting a new phone at all, I hate all the carriers so a sour experience like this just makes me less willing to give them my money - I can't buy what you won't sell me.

2. iugradmark macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I went on the online chat and they told me to sign up for the 2 GB Everything plan and that I would need to call and switch to the Single Line. I am pretty sure this is not a mistake but an intentional process hoping that some folks won't follow up and will be stuck at the higher rate.

3. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

You have to call in. I had a similar issue with the 6GB Maxx plan which wasn't on the pre-order site. I called in an they handled it.

4. edwardthefifth macrumors newbie

Yes, you should be able to switch

I'm new to Verizon and am porting my AT&T number over when I get the 6. Since I couldn't pull up the option on the Verizon website to buy the 6 and sign up for the Single Line plan, I talked to a rep on the Verizon chat.

In order to buy the phone, I had to sign up for the More Everything plan. However, the rep explicitly confirmed in writing that once I receive the phone, I can call Verizon and immediately switch over to the Single Line plan for $60.

I took a screenshot of the chat, so I have to imagine that somebody over at Verizon will honor this deal. We'll see. It's not a bad deal. It was going to cost me $80/month to have a similar plan on AT&T.

5. ajumbaje, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Thanks for screwing single line customers out of the preorder, Verizon

I'm at a Verizon store dealing with it. Will update

EDIT: Verizon store got me good to go on the single line plan for the duration of the contract. Ships by October 7th and card is charged upon shipment

6. Derek87 macrumors 6502

are you a current verizon customer? i'm porting over from ATT so i'm wondering if its worthwhile for me to stop by a local store sometime before the 19th so i have one less step to do when the phone arrives.

7. iugradmark macrumors newbie

It sounds like I need to do the same thing. What information did you need to take with you when you went by the store? I am coming over from ATT so don't yet officially have an account with Verizon but do have my order information.

Thanks

8. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Yes. It wouldn't hurt to go by and wait at a store.

----------

Just the order confirmation maybe? I only know if you're a verizon customer, they can just look up your info with your phone number and get you set.

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sounds like you guys are privy to some specials that are floating around. 2GB would be too little for me and my gf, but are there any deals for users that use between 3-6GB/month? As if now I was just planning to get the 10GB plan and be done w/ it. (My company will pay up to $125 of "my share").