Thanks for the help everyone, I took the plunge!!

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Just finished my order with apple online!

Power Mac G5 DUAL 2GHz/ 512MB/ 160GB/ SuperDrive/ PCI-X/ GeFr5200/ GigE/ 56K -

I know it isn't special, and isn't the fastest available, but going from a B&W upgraded to a G4 450 to the new G5 sounds like it will be plenty shocking to me . Now I just need to sell my 75% complete Digital audio Project, when I have time! :) .

Thanks everyone that offered advise via PM, or otherwise!! I am impressed with this sice, and i hope I can return the favor by helping others. I have had MACs for years, just not any of this new stuff ;)

Icespiker

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2005
Colorado
Congrats!

Have fun with the new machine.

840quadra said:
Just finished my order with apple online!

Power Mac G5 DUAL 2GHz/ 512MB/ 160GB/ SuperDrive/ PCI-X/ GeFr5200/ GigE/ 56K -

I know it isn't special, and isn't the fastest available, but going from a B&W upgraded to a G4 450 to the new G5 sounds like it will be plenty shocking to me . Now I just need to sell my 75% complete Digital audio Project, when I have time! :) .

Thanks everyone that offered advise via PM, or otherwise!! I am impressed with this sice, and i hope I can return the favor by helping others. I have had MACs for years, just not any of this new stuff ;)
So, what is this digital audio project you speak of?

Comment

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Icespiker said:
Have fun with the new machine.

So, what is this digital audio project you speak of?
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

The Digital Audio project was an attempt to build a G4, and learn more about Apple hardware. I learned allot, but haven't quite completed it..

It started off with a new (never used was an apple spare part) full quicksilver case minus power supply, then I bought an apple spare Digital Audio motherboard (same bus speed and port configuration as Quicksilver Mainboard). I then bought a Digital audio power supply, and lastly a Dual 533 processor (still in shipping).

All I need to buy for it now is Memory, and a video card. I plan on finishing the build, and see if someone local wants to buy it. I am going to throw 512 memory into it, and see if I can pick up a second hand AGP video card. The box won't be too terrably fast, but it should power along just fine.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.