Thanks in Advance to all Apple Watch Developers

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by telefono, Mar 12, 2015.

1. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

When the Apple watch was announced in Sep 2014 I replied some time later to a thread on some forum thanking in advance every developer out there developing Apple Apps.

I'm very excited about the Apple Watch and the variety on offer including straps. This part is complete for me as I know what I will purchase although still waiting for it. What I'm excited about now is the continuous flow of Apps that will be added in the App Store :)

I've said it many times and will say it again......I can't wait to get the Apple Watch. Once on my wrist the excitement won't end there, it will continue as the Apps are added to the App Store and the useful ones added to my Apple Watch :)

So thanks in Advance once again to all Apple Watch Developers YOU are the ones that will make the Apple watch customizable to everyone's needs just like our iPhones and iPads :)

2. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

Let's just hope there are enough users that are willing to PAY for their Watch apps. Since there is no advertising on the Watch, and Apple is not sharing the proceeds of Watch sales, most developers must charge for their apps to make any money.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Advertising will come in good time. I am betting that Apple has done their homework here and all will be fine. There is always risk/reward when a company delivers a brand new product catogory but Apple has the best chance of pulling it off.

4. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

You're welcome, but please you guys understand that we've had tons of limitations for what we could develop for the watch. What we can build are effectively extensions to iPhone apps (similar to Today's lock screen widgets), but not native apps similar to what Apple can build itself with full access to the watch functionality.

Therefore, expect some cool stuff, but also a ton of frustration, from not having any app directly accessing the heart rate monitor for example