Thanks Siri...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sviato, Jun 23, 2014.

1. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I was eating some Havarti and my dog looked curious so I thought I'd ask Siri if it was okay as I'm a fairly new dog owner. Well, after a few attempts Siri wasn't too helpful...back to being an alarmbot!

Also I didn't know Luca Pizza served sandwiches (they don't) :D

Attached Files:

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I feel your pain. Here's what my Siri looks like.

Attached Files:

3. VersaceX macrumors newbie

Works just fine if you know what your doing.

Attached Files:

4. cynics macrumors G4

You can't really say they didn't know what they were doing. You based your question around knowing Siri can't answer it when worded properly in conversation. Key words are ignored (dog) other words are misinterpreted ("eat" so assuming restaurant) then potentially giving incorrect information...that is incorrect (a pizza place that doesn't serve sandwiches saying it does of course I don't know if it does or not just going off the OP).

Plus you were given a web search which isn't really an answer anyway. Albeit that is a strange question.

On a side note I find Siri pretty good at times. I'm in a class and I know I have 19 weeks left. I asked Siri what the date would be in 19 weeks. The actual answer popped right up. I was happy with that. I also find her useful for math questions I don't feel like figuring out in my head, generally when driving.

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

lol I got the same thing..

Something I've been telling young people recently… When you ask a question starting with the word "Can" you are not really asking a question that requires an answer. Sorta rhetoric.

For example "Can I go to the restroom?" Should be "May I go to the restroom?" Can is not asking for a task that you want to complete right now. So maybe that's why Siri didn't answer…

6. VersaceX macrumors newbie

Questions need to be asked correctly.
    As for Siri not giving a direct answer. I'm sure Apple doesn't want the lawsuits. General public ask Siri "ok to give dog cheese" Siri replies yes. GP give said dog cheese, dog dies or gets sick. GP blame Siri and Apple.

7. cynics macrumors G4

Thanks Siri...

[​IMG]

----------

Do they need to be asked correctly? Can I blame Siri sue Apple if I get a DUI under .08?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regardless if I mentioned dog and cheese I would expect restaurants that sell pizzas.

8. Nomadski macrumors regular

Maybe Siri knows something you don't about your local pizza restaurants...