All iPads Thanksgiving and Apple?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JoeRito, Nov 27, 2013.

1. JoeRito macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

Anybody grateful for their device? For most folks, iPads are not "needs" but "wants." How happy are you with your choice of purchase?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Am I grateful that Apple took a ***load of my money and were gracious enough to give me something for it?

Am I grateful that Apple produced these devices so they could take a ****load of my money and were gracious enough to give me something for it?

I think this "being grateful" thing might be getting just a teeny bit out of hand...:(

3. JoeRito thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

Dude you either need a drink or some medication!

4. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I'm thrilled with my new retina mini. I remember way back when I bought the first palm pilot. I thought it was fantastic; a pocketable device that synced with your computer and kept a calendar, to do list, notebook, and address book for you, that you could write in with "graffiti." Now I have something that when I was young would have been out of science fiction, holds most of my books, contains my documents and spread sheets, surfs the web, shows maps with my location on it and gives me directions, plays movies, and fits easily in my jacket pocket. I don't see myself upgrading for a while either. Newer devices will be faster and better (and have more gamut :) ), but the current device checks off all the major things I was looking for in a portable Ipad.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

The truth value of your ad hominem notwithstanding...it does not address the point of my post.:)

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Way to make me feel old there, thanks... :)

It wasn't that long ago... :cool:

7. JoeRito thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

No disrespect intended, but let's go with a genetic fallacy or perhaps even a tu quoque claim, but not meant to be ad hominem.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I kinda thought that Thanksgiving was about being grateful for many of the non-material things in your life that make life fulfilling... and less so about that toys one has.

If not, we might as well forget Thanksgiving and just celebrate Black Friday.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm very happy with both my iPads. I'll try not to get any gravy on them tomorrow.

And I'm thankful I live in such wonderful times. :D