That LG Ghosting Issue -- repair turnaround?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Collider, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Collider macrumors regular

I've just started noticing some of the dreaded ghosting on my rMBP (I've had it nearly a year now, so it's taken its sweet time showing up). It's not distractingly terrible or anything, but it's definitely noticeable, and I'm trying to determine whether to send it in for repair now, or wait until it gets worse and becomes a serious issue.

I'm originally from the UK (where the MBP was purchased) but recently moved to Sweden, and I've never had to actually send one of my machines away for repair before -- usually I'd just take things into my nearest store in the UK, but there is no store within a zillion miles of where I am currently and I'm not sure when I'll next be in the UK. So my question is, what's the difference in turnaround when you have to arrange a pickup etc through the online store or phone-call in a foreign country VS. going into an actual Apple Store with an appointment, as I'm used to? Is it enough of a hassle that it's better to just endure the ghosting until either it gets bad enough that I have no choice or I find myself back in the UK and can thus deal with it in person?

(Note, it's still under warranty until September, and I have AppleCare on top, so warranty expiration is not an issue; that said, I also have a new MBA in transit to me and due to arrive next week, so at least I'd have a new toy to play with during the downtime if I did send it in).

2. Collider thread starter macrumors regular

3. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Just had mine done here in the states. They had the part on hand and it took them three days to get it back to me. I took it to my local Apple store.

4. fratey macrumors regular

AppleCare provides global repair coverage. Take it to any authorized service provider or one of the Apple Stores in Täby Centrum or Emporia, and you should be good to go.

5. Collider thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but is there a difference in turnaround time / service when you have to contact them via the online store or telephone for a pickup / collection? I'm 3+ hours away from the nearest Apple store here... so, while I don't mind going all that way if it's really the best option, I'd sooner avoid it if I can.